The Shadowhunters

The twins and James were able to see a heel of Amber's shoe at a corner before it disappeared. The twins scowled at the corner before dragging James into what looked like a dining room, completed with a long table. The people inside, sitting on the chairs, all dressed in black too, stopped in the middle of their argument to stare at him. There were two  boys with brown hair and green eyes, the only difference being their nose. One had a pointed nose, while the other had a hooked nose. A girl was seating across them, and she had golden hair with piercing blue eyes. They looked warm and welcoming, unlike the eyes of Amber.

James was so busy observing these people, that he almost didn't notice the slightly older woman entering the room from another door across the room. Must be where the food comes from, James thought.

The newly arrived woman had thick black hair with a few white streaks in it and hazel brown eyes. Although she looked young, a few wrinkles were already visible on her forehead. She stopped short when she saw the twins holding each of James's arms as if he was a criminal. She nearly dropped the plate of cookies she was holding, and would have, if it wasn't for the two boys rushing towards her and each earning a kick as they attempted to snatch the cookies from her. The girl sitting at the table burst into  laughter and kicked away one of the boy's hand as it tried to pull her down. The twins joined in her laughter, without losing the grip on James's arms.

"You're gonna have to try better than that if you want this plate of cookies, boys." The slightly-older-woman said while shaking her head and laughing.

"Now, Alianse and Elianse, who is this mundane? And why is he here?" She asks.

At once, the twins shut up. No one was laughing now. They all must have heard the edge in the woman's tone.

"Well.....erm.....we were having a race just now, and we uh....got a bit caught up, so we ended up somewhere out of the neighborhood....... " One of the twins said nervously.

"WHAT?! A bit caught up? I swear, only the both of you can get 'a bit caught up' in a race and end up outside of the neighborhood! " The girl with the golden hair says.

"That's enough, Helena. Let them continue." The woman says.

Helena murmured something under her breath, loud enough for the woman to hear, but she ignored it and gestured for Alianse and Elianse to continue.

"So.....we stopped in front of a random house, and was about to draw a portal to get back here when we saw Amber at the back door of the house we were standing in front of." The other twin said.

"Amber was at the back door of a mundane house?" The woman asked the twins, surprised.

"Yea. She was holding her sword and had an ear to the door. We walked towards her to question her, but she saw us and pressed a finger to her lip. Then she picked the lock and crept in." Twin 1 said.

"Well, obviously, we couldn't let her go alone. ("Well, actually you CAN, seeing as she is the best shadowhunter of her age." Helena said under her breath.) So we followed her inside and we saw the reason she had her sword out. Also known as the ravener inside his (she points at James) house. Amber managed to kill the ravener, and we managed to make sure the boy wasn't harmed." Twin 2 said.

"Then wh-" the woman started.

"Hold on, we're getting to that part." Twin 1 cut her off.

"Well, it turns out this mundane here-(she emphasized on the word 'mundane') has The Sight. We consulted Amber, but all she did was point the obvious out. So, we had to bring him here. We didn't know what to do with him." Twin 2 said.

Helena snorted, while the two boys (they had finally managed to crawl up) narrowed their eyes at him. The woman walked towards him, and asks him, "Do you know what a Shadowhunter is and does? "

"A Shadow-what?" James asks.

"Ok, he's definitely a mundane. So, let's see......." the woman says.

"You-(she points towards the boy with the hooked nose) go get some paper, ink and my bird. You-(she points at the other boy with the pointed nose) are in charged of bringing him to a bedroom. And you-(she points at James this time) what's your name?" She asks kindly.

"I'm uh....James Lennox." James replies, momentarily forgetting his own name.

"Ok James, you'll be staying with us tonight, because we'll need to ask you a few questions. Oh don't worry"-she says after seeing his face-"you're parents will have their memories programmed to you at a sleepover at your friend's house. I'll make sure. And we won't murder you, so just relax. Oh, and by the way, I'm Charlotte. Nice to meet you."  She says, completely ignoring the look of pain crossing his face when she says 'parents'.

Everybody started after Charlotte was done giving out instructions. Elianse and Alianse left him with the boy with the pointed nose, Charlotte went to the table to eat her cookies, the boy with the hooked nose sprinted out of the room to get the things Charlotte needed. Everyone moved, except for Helena. She sat on her chair, her blue eyes making observations of James before he was taken from the room.

#################################

Hey guys! How's it going?

Im sorry i updated so late (not like anyone wants to read this) but i was caught up with my studies. So yea, im sorry.

If you are reading this, let me say: thank you! You are awesome! 

Adios! Just_a_random_gal out! Peace yo!