Chapter 3

I woke up feeling well rested. Normally I wake up with my hands sweaty and my hair stuck to my face and neck. I also find it weird that I didn't wake up from a nightmare, as usual.

"Good morning sleepyhead," I heard Aimee's sleepy voice say.

"Good morning," I yawned, stretching the sleep from my bones.

"So what are we going to do today?" She asked getting up from the couch.

"I thought you had work today?" I remembered her telling me yesterday. Today I had plans to go find out if my mom was okay.

"Oh yeah," her happy mood turning into a sad one.

"Where do you work?" Curious of her occupation.

"I work at the coffee shop in town." She said walking into the kitchen. I got up off the couch and followed her.

"Do you need help finding your mom?"

"No, but if you don't want to go to work then you can come along..." I said knowing how badly she wants to help me.

"Yay!" She exclaimed clapping her hands together.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Almost ten, why?" She looked at the clock on the stove and back at me.

"I don't want to get a late start," I said.

"Oh okay. Well let me grab something to eat, real quick. Then I'll go get ready." She smiled and went to the pantry and got some cereal.

I walked into the living room and sat on the couch waiting patiently for her to get ready.

_______

"Are you sure you want to do this, Adam?" Aimee asked. We were now walking to my house. Aimee was wearing a light purple t-shirt with cut off jean shorts and her green sneakers. She decided to go as her natural self with no makeup and her hair was down in natural waves.

"Yeah I'm sure. It's just the thought of her not being able to see me like you can, that's all." I said looking at her. She looked at me and smiled.

"You look gorgeous you know that," I smiled while looking affectionately in her green eyes.

"Thank you." She blushed, bringing her hand up to her face to cover it.

"Why do you always do that?" I said laughing a bit.

"Do what?" She still had her hand up to her face.

"Blush at like everything I say," I told her.

"I don't know... I just, I don't know," she focusing on the sidewalk.

We were almost at my house. Maybe my mom will be home and let Aimee come in for a bit.

"You're cute too," she said looking at me and focusing her attention back on the sidewalk.

As we approached my house I saw that my mom's business car was in the driveway. Aimee and I walked straight up to the front door. Aimee knocked, and knocked but there was no answer. Something doesn't feel right.

"Maybe she carpooled to work or... she's probably in the bathroom. Yep that's it she's in the bathroom." She said trying to sound hopeful.

We waited for about 5 minutes but there was no answer. I was now sitting on the third step, Aimee insisted on standing by the door so if my mom did come to the door she wouldn't look lazy or impatient.

There was this old man who looked like he had just got finish running miles. I guess he saw Aimee and slowed down a bit.

"Hey there young lady." He said stopping at the edge of the driveway.

I stood up and found Aimee walking past me, down the steps. She stopped at the grass below the bottom step.

"Hello sir. Nice day isn't it?" She said calmly. I walked down the steps and stood beside her.

"Yes ma'am it is. Ugh you haven't heard?" He said, his smile turning into a frown.

"Heard what, sir?" I could heard the fright in Aimee's voice.

What's happened! Oh no what if my mom is dead. No I won't think like that. Maybe she moved, yeah that's it, she moved.

"Ma'am the woman who lived here her son died in a car wreck..." he still had something to say. I could tell.

"I know that sir," Aimee said sadly.

"Well the woman got kidnapped a few days ago it's all in the newspaper..." I stopped listening to everything he was saying. How could she've been kidnapped? I fell to ground holding my head in my hands. This can't be happening. What would anyone want with my mom?!

"I'm sorry miss." And the man continued his walk.

"Adam... I'm so sorry." I felt Aimee beside me. I looked up to see her crying. I couldn't find it in myself to speak, all I could do was cry.

"Adam, I'm so so sorry. Maybe we could...we could try to find her." She said.

"H–How Aimee? H–How are we going to do that exactly?" I cried out.

"I don't know Adam. I don't know." She whispered, fresh tears running down her face.

"Is the door unlocked?" Maybe there's something inside of the house that showed struggle or something.

"Let me see." She got up and walked back up to the door while wiping her face. The door knob twisted under Aimee's grasp and opened.

"Are you sure Adam?" She turned around and questioned me.

"Yes. I want to find whoever has my mom and this is this first place to look." I replied not knowing what's on the other side of the door.

_________

Hope you guys loved the update!!!! Dont forget to vote and comment!!!! Im thinking about adding some pictures along the way of my upcoming updates. Sarahspn will be uploading the pictures!!!!! Oh and check out Sarahspn's new story (well it'd be new to you guys but not me) The Crazy 4- Serephina's Story!!!! ITS GETTING SO GOOD RIGHT NOW!