Chapter 2

"Marigold and sure I'll see you shortly kitty!" Marigold disappeared in a flash of gold and black. Marinette transformed again after feeding Pollen some honey. She landed on the roof as Marigold. Chat Noir smiled at her when she joined him on the roof. She gasped when she saw the beautiful sunset overlooking the city.
"I know how you feel. Even after being a hero for a few months you don't really stop being wowed by the beauty." Chat looked out at the city as he sat near the edge of the building.
"There's a lot you don't know yet. About Scarlet and I. It will be hard to hear I would think and if you don't want to know I won't tell you." Chat looked back towards her and nodded.
"Go ahead."
"Scarlet stole the Ladybug Miraculous from Master Fu. She didn't know what it was yet but regardless she didn't return it. The Ladybug and Black Cat Miraculous are soulmates, meant to be together and fall in love. Master Fu found me eventually and gave me the Bee Miraculous. I was supposed to be the Ladybug hero but Scarlet is refusing to give the Miraculous back even in exchange for a different Miraculous. So Master Fu gave me the mission of taking the Ladybug earrings from her to restore my place as your true partner."  Chat Noir took a deep breath and then let it out slowly.
"So we're soulmates then? You and I."
I blushed and nodded. "It's a lot to take in I know." He looked out at the sky again.
"So how do we do this?" I looked at him in shock.
"W-we?" He grinned at me.
"Of course. After all as your knight in shining leather I can't let my Queen do all the work." Marigold felt her cheeks heat up and she smiled. She could feel a warmth spreading through her chest.
"T-hank me for me help." Her eyes widened. "I mean thank you for your help!" He laughed and stood.
"It's getting late Honey Bee you better go home and rest up. It's not gonna feel too good in the morning." She blushed and nodded.
"Yes! Home off! I-i mean off to home!" She bolted home but she could still hear him chuckle.
"She's adorable." She was still blushing when her feet touched her balcony.
"Pollen buzz off." The little kwami floated upwards to give her a knowing smile.
"You like Chat Noir quite a bit my Queen." Marinette giggled girlishly and went down her stairs to sit at her computer. Immediately she was bombarded with messages. She read through them. All of them were from Alya and all of them were about the new hero who had "weaved through battle like a dancer" as she put it. She saw pictures and theories and apparently they already started on fanfics. She smiled at the praise. Alya had started another blog. The Mariblog. It was set up like a royal chamber in the colors of yellow and black. She woke up after falling asleep while reading more about Chat Noir. She had already dedicated herself to knowing everything she could about the heros just in case she could be of some use to them. She had no idea how big a use she actually was back then. She hurried through her morning routine and grabbed an extra cup of coffee and some extra croissants. She knew it would make a certain blond boys day.
"Adrikins! Did you see how Scarlet saved the day again! Don't you just love her?" Chloe started the day off on a simple note. Adrien however was fucking tired. With all caps.
"No chloe for the last time. I DON'T LIKE SCARLET LADY!" Marinette came over with Adrien's coffee and croissants.
"Don't mind him Chloe. This wittle boy hasn't had his caffeine today. Isn't that right little prince?" Marinette teased as she handed him the cup and the bag of pastries.
"You are the light of sunshine in the complete apocalypse that is my life." Adrien said half awake. Nino gently steered the boy away before he said anything else that would reveal his planet earth sized crush on the blue haired girl. Marinette laughed and smiled at him before taking her seat behind him. Nino whispered in Adrien's ear.
"You made her laugh and smile. Do you even remember what you said?" Adrien basically growled back.
"No but I know I made a fool of myself don't rub it in."
"At least she calls you her prince. Who knows man maybe she digs you?"
Adrien suffered through school this way every day. A crappy morning until she shows up bearing coffee and food like his personal angel. His life would brighten when he saw her and he took every chance he got to work with her. Given that Marinette could be a little bit of a klutz he also had plenty of opportunities to catch her and feel her in his arms. He blushed at the thought. Yeah he was head over heels for her and everyone BUT her knew it too. Meanwhile all Marinette could think of was the amazing Chat Noir. She blushed at the thought of him and stuttered when Alya asked about what she was thinking about. She just shook her head and smiled. The school day went by uneventfully and Marinette walked outside to begin her walk home. It was pouring and she sighed knowing she'd be soaked through by the time she got home.
"Hey Marinette!" Adrien called out glad to see the adorable girl. He knew she would have to walk home in this rain so he offered his umbrella. "Here Mari.. so you don't get soaked on your way home." She smiled and nodded.
"Thanks Adrien." As she walked home she saw Scarlet Lady swinging past with Chat Noir at her heels. "There must be trouble! Pollen we need to transform!" Marinette rushed to hide in an alleyway. "Pollen buzz on!" She followed the two heros and quickly caught up. "Chat Noir what's going on?"
"Oh Marigold! No nothing is wrong it's just our routine patrol. Sorry if you were worried but I was just finishing up when Scarlet showed up." Chat grinned and showed her his beeping ring. She looked towards where Scarlet stood impatiently.
"Scarlet Lady never joins the patrols. I just assumed that there must be trouble if she decided to show her face." Scarlet scoffed and turned away.
"Whatever I don't have time to deal with you. I have better things to do and better people to do them with." She spun her yoyo until it was just a pink blur as she prepared to leave. Marigold wrapped her spinning top around Scarlet.