Chapter 1

Authors Note: Even though I added a little warning in the description, I'm putting one here too. This story contains dark themes such as self harm, death, depression, abuse, and the like. If this makes you uncomfortable or is a trigger, please click off. If you are in a situation where you feel like harming yourself, please seek help. I've been there, and a hard place to crawl out of, but you can do it with some help.

(Blade is UF Frisk)

     Red heard a hiss.
     "Kid? It's three in the morning what-"
     He was cut short by another hiss. It was followed by a sob.
     "Oh... Kiddo... Not again... Hey what's wrong? What's going on? Why are you..."
     Blade was hunched over on a mat at on the floor, facing away from him. Red heard a clatter as a sharp blade hit the ground. He knew what was happening now.
     "Blade? Blade what's wrong? Why are you doing this to yourself again?"
     They shrugged, reaching for the blade again.
     "Oh no you fucking don't," Red said as he picked them up by the soul before they could grab it. He placed them on the bed next to him.
     "Show me your arm."
     Blade grabbed their arm and scooted back, shaking their head furiously. A look of terror was in their eyes.
     "Oh... I'm sorry kiddo... I know you didn't have it easy growing up... Please, show me your arm," he said, regretting advancing on them so quickly.  He knew their parents used to beat them when they cut themself.
     Blade slowly held out their arm, looking away in both shame and fear of punishment. There was a large gash in the small limb, along with a few shallower cuts that seemed fresh. They were overlapping hundreds of older scars of different sizes.
     "Blade? Blade, look at me," he said with a calm, concerned voice. "What happened? Why did you do this to yourself again? I thought it was getting better?"
     Blade sniffed. "I... it's my fault we're all trapped down here! My fault you can't see the stars! My fault you can't see the sunrise or the sunset! It's my fault..." They sobbed again.
     A realisation dawned on him. Just about every monster they'd met had blamed them, in one form or another, for all of monsterkind being forced underground.
     "Oh... no kid, that happened more than a hundred years ago, your grandparents weren't even alive then. Next time they tell you it's your fault, you tell me, alright?"
     They nodded. Suddenly, they collapsed; blood gushing out of the largest wound. Red swore, realising that humans could die from blood loss. He closed his eyes and teleported them to Classic's Alphys.