Total Lockdown

We walked hand in hand back to the castle, the smile never leaving my face. I hadn't realised how much I had missed being round him, talking to him. I had been to caught up in my hatred. I paused, my pace faltering. Images playing in my mind. The train, the luggage cart, Katie Bell. Oliver noticed my sudden change and stopped.

"Anna? What is it?" His eyes watched me carefully as I stood frozen.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, my gaze not moving from in front of me.

"Of course, anything."

"Why did you do that to me on the train?" My voice was emotionless, guarded. His eyes fell, in regret? Annoyance?

"Anna, I would never cheat on you." He took a step towards me, but I stepped back.

"I couldn't."He continued. "Katie asked me to meet her there after you had left with Julia." I finally moved my sad blue orbs boring into his own chocolate pools.

"Then why go?" I asked my voice desperate. For what I wasn't sure.

"I went to tell her I wanted nothing to do with her, we were friends and nothing else." I dropped my head. My vision consumed by the purest white of the snow.

"We're still teammates, Anna, but nothing else. I promise." I took a breath, my muscles relaxing and my mind finally relieved of my worries.

"Then why were you so full on in the carriage?" I ask taking a step forward and continuing on our path. He followed, catching up quickly.

"I could tell something was wrong, you were tense and Katie...she was being weird. Glaring at you and scowling." I laughed, it was forced and short.

"Yeah, we don't get on." His eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I sighed, guessing now was as good a time as any to tell him.

"Do you remember last year when Seamus found me, I was in bad shape." He winced and nodded, memories of my bruised and battered face obviously haunting him.

"Well I wasn't 100% truthful...I knew who it was." I peeked up at him to see his eyes widen.

"Who Anna? Who did that to you?" I smirked.

"You already know." It was true in the back of his mind his knew exactly who had beaten me. He just didn't want to admit it to himself. He sighed, his eyes darkening.

"Katie." I nodded in confirmation, but it wasn't a question. He grabbed my hand softly and pulled me to him.

"I'm sorry Anna." He whispered into my hair.

"For what?" I questioned my numb fingers slipping under his coat and round his waist.

"For not being there." I pulled back my eyes sparkling and his glistening, I smiled his Oliver smile.

"Your here now."

    We separated as we reached the castles Oliver heading off to a meeting about the coming Quidditch match, while I headed off to the common room. As I began to ascend the staircase I spotted a familiar pair in front of me, messy black and ginger hair making obvious their identity. I chuckled as I listened to their conversation.

"Honeydukes Sweetshop is brilliant, but nothing beats Zonko's Joke Shop." Ron babbled, his enthusiasm relentless as he babbled on .

"We never did get to go to the Shrieking Shack, though. You heard that it's the most-"

"-most haunted building in Briton. Yeah, I know." Harry finished, still annoyed about not being able to visit the small town.

"Hey guys." I jumped in quickly, smiling at my two friends.