Announcements And Accusations

Ellie sighed as she headed to her first class of the day. Luckily, Janet and Kylee both had different classes. That thought cheered her up a bit, but not much, because they were in the same second period class as she was.
"You seem grumpy today, Ellie," remarked her best friend Grace as they walked to class together. Grace was Ellie's only friend, and she herself had no siblings. Sometimes she'd say that she wshed she had her friend's life, so she could have two sisters. Ellie's relpy was always "Oh, you'd regret that."
"I had a pretty bad morning," Ellie explained. "My stepsisters said they ate all the food, but I am sure that they hid it. All I could find to make them for breakfast were some toaster waffles with peanut butter and jelly. Turns out Janet hates peanut butter and Kylee hates jelly, and on top of that, I woke up late and had to rush."
"Sounds pretty rough," Grace agreed. "But still, you're lucky. You at least have a step family. I'd be so happy if I was you." Then she stopped and reconsidered what she'd just said. "Well, maybe not THAT happy, but I still think it would be cool." And as usual, her best friend only replied "Oh, you'd regret that."
Later on, as they sat in Miss Allen's second-period class, the loudspeaker crackled and turned on. The voice of their principal, Mr. Reynolds, was heard coming from it.
"Attention students and staff. We are excited to announce that we will be having a school play! Auditions will be held next Thursday, so if you're interested, come to Mrs. Crllins' room on Thursday with a prepared monologue and song. Thank you." The loudspeaker turned off.
Before Ellie, Janet gasped. "I am SO going to audition!" she whispered to Kylee. Kylee nodded.
"Me too!" she said loudly. Their second period teacher, Miss Springer, turned around and looked back toward the group.
"Who was that whipering?" she asked. Both Janet and Kylee pointed at their stepsister and her best friend.
"They did it!" they said together. Ellie shook her head at Miss Springer.
"No, it wasn't us!" she protested. But the teacher just glared at her.
"Janet and Kylee would never tell a lie," she said. "As a result of your disruptive behavior, you both will have to serve detention." Ellie resisted the urge to glare at her step siblings. However much she wanted to, she knew it would get her in more trouble. So she nodded to Miss Springer.
"OK," she said. But at that moment, a thought was going through her mind. And it was all she could think about for the rest of class: Revenge on Janet and Kylee.

"Hang on a moment!" said Rosie, the fancy fairy godmother. She'd just appeared in a cloud of pink sparkles.

"Who are you? Give me your name, age, email address, phone number, and your Instagram username!" cried the author of the story.

"No!" Rose cried. "Not unless you put me in this story." The author scratched her head.

"Sorry. Nope. Not happening, lady. I didn't intend for you to be in here, so what are you DOING in this text?"

"You put me here, and you're writing the words I'm saying right now!" said the godmother.

"And?" questioned the author.

"And," replied Rosie, "I will be in this story."

"Begone!" the author shouted. And Rosie was.

"Hey!" the godmother exclaimed as she disappeared. "No fair!"

The author didn't listen. "Totally fair," she shot back. And the godmother was gone... forever!