Happy Hunting, Mr Wick

"Looks painful." Turning his head to address the voice, he saw Natasha stood against the wall of his room, watching as he grabbed a needle and thread to stick his bullet wound, luckily the bullet had gone all the way through and was not still inside him.

"It's part of the job." John hissed as he began to stitch.

"Let me." Frowning, she took the needle and thread from his hands, kneeling down next to him as he sat on his bed shirtless and covered in blood, his suit carefully laid next to him even though it was ruined.

"I can do it." Not used to help, John didn't quite know how to accept it.

"I know you can." Refusing to stop helping, Natasha continued to carefully stitch him up.

"I have sources, I'm going to find Loki's location, the Tesseract will be with him." He spoke up just as she finished.

He didn't thank her, he simply nodded, his way of showing his gratitude and she understood.

"I'll tell the others. Contact me when you have a location. Just...be careful, Wick."

"John. You can call me John." Shrugging his bloody suit jacket and shirt back on, he stood and left the room to look for answers.

Walking into the posh hotel called the Continental, John walked with confidence, ignoring the fact the place went silent when he entered, all eyes on him.

"Is the manager in?" Speaking to the front desk receptionist, Charon, he relaxed slightly at the familiar environment. No business could be conducted on Continental ground, he wasn't safe, but it was unlikely for anyone to attack him here unless they wanted to face the consequences and be excommunicated.

"He is always in, should I announce your arrival, Mr Wick?"

"Please." Nodding at Charon, John walked through the hotel towards the bar where he knew the manager would be.

"Winston." Sitting down in the plush chair in front of the older man, John wasn't surprised to see a glass of bourbon waiting for him.

"Jonathan, I've been expecting you. I heard you're involved with SHIELD."

"Yes, I need the location of this man." Sliding a photo of Loki across the table, John sipped some of the alcohol.

"This information is already well known by me, its not like he's hiding. He's in New York, Stark Tower." Winston smiled, happily giving John the information. He knew about everything going on in the world, especially when it involved John Wick, so he had prepared , knowing John would come to him.

"Thank you, Winston." Nodding in gratitude, John downed his drink, standing and placing a single gold coin on the table, the currency of the underworld.

"Good luck, Jonathan."

Walking out of the bar room, John walked past Charon in the reception, having got the information he needed.

"Happy hunting, Mr Wick."

"Agent Romanoff, he's at Stark Tower, I'll meet you there."

"It's Natasha. And John, if we get out of this alive, I'm taking you out for a drink." Her voice was soft yet demanding, causing a chuckle to be heard over the phone from John.

"I guess I better survive then." Hanging up, John got into the car Winston had waiting for him, peeling out onto the road and heading for Stark Tower.

The closer he got to the centre of New York, he noticed more and more chaos. Chaos was literally reigning down from the skies throng an enormous portal. Double checking he had his guns, he placed them into the holders on his jacket. Increasing the speed, he expertly weaved in-between the panicked public. Loading a large assault rifle, he pushed the car door open, effectively knocking one of the alien invaders out with the door. Leaning out of the now destroyed door, he made sure to keep one hand on the steering wheel whilst shooting incoming aliens with his other hand.

He could see Natasha, Barton and Rogers fighting in the distance. Speeding up even more, going well beyond the speed limit, he jerked the steering wheel, drifting the car to a sudden top in front of them. Stepping out of the car, he started to shoot any aliens near him, giving Natasha a nod in greeting. John took Barton's place, holding back the invaders with Natasha whilst Clint and Steve rescued nearby civilians.

"Long way from what you're used to?" Natasha laughed whilst shooting beside John.

"You could say that." Discarding the now empty gun, he swiftly pulled out another gun from his waistband, wasting no time before getting back to shooting, all headshots perfectly hitting the targets.

It wasn't long before Clint and Steve returned to the fight, the army would not stop coming and it was increasingly obvious to John that they couldn't keep this up forever. Having used all the ammo he had on him, John grabbed a spear from one of the dead aliens, rushing forwards to engage in hand to hand combat.

Stabbing the spear through one of the aliens, he spun and roundhouse kicked another, breaking its neck. John had not bothered to ask the name of these aliens, to him a target was a target, he didn't need to know the name of the species.

The sound of thunder drew his attention to Thor who dropped down from the ground, seemingly injured. Upon closer inspection, John could see the slight trail of blood coming from his side, he had been stabbed, although it was clear that the knife was small and had little impact.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve questioned Thor as soon as he saw him. John went back to killing the horde of aliens, making sure to listen in case the conversation was important.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable."

"Thor's right, we gotta deal with these guys." Tony's voice flooded through the small earpieces the team wore, including John who had equipped one before he left the helicarrier.

"How do we do this?"

"As a team." Steve responded to Natasha, sounding more confident than he felt.

John had always worked alone, he had never been in a team... but he found he quite liked it.