Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Mikaelis

The next day I properly woke up early enough to start with my new morning routine. "Alba?" I searched my room since it was time for breakfast now. "Alba!" I sighed.

"I get that you like to take advantage of your freedom and all but at least show that you're still there," I complained while shifting all sorts of places to check for her. "I'm getting annoyed now."

Then all of the sudden something nudged against the window, as I saw Alba wanting to come in. Therefore, I opened the window and complained furthermore about her not even being here. But then I stopped once I saw a little worm caught between her beaks.

"A worm?" I reached my hand out since she motioned that she wanted to give it to me. "But you can't give me little animals as a gift," stroked her head. "C'mon eat then you can go, okay?"

Afterwards, I got myself ready, put on some clothes and fixed my hair as best as I could. I had no idea what to do with them since I was not used to ever having them this short before. Besides, it is not like I really ever did my hair myself.

When I left my dorm, I found myself for the first time in the cafeteria where I was a bit overwhelmed. I didn't know what to do at first. Thankfully though, Dora came across right in time. "H-," and just as I was about to greet her, she basically dragged me over to follow her.

Together, we grabbed ourselves a tray and chose something from the wide selection of breakfast meals before setting down on a table. "Now, you have to explain. You left me quite hanging yesterday, you know?"

"Ah yeah, I apologize for that. I didn't get it myself what was happening." I itched my neck in guilt.

"So? What happened? First I thought it was weird how you were asking me about mates and the second thing I see is you together with the Devil."

"Uh yeah we're going out now," I slipped. I'm allowed to say that, aren't I? Should I have kept it as a secret? Not, like I don't have enough of them already.

"You're what?!" She shrieked and raised her voice, recieving some dirty and some curious glances from others for that. "Are you kidding me?" She whispered.

"What is the matter?" Another familiar voice appeared.

"Mirelle, Fel, hey," I greeted the two who sat down, wanting to join our conversation.

"So what is it? Why is Dora looking like she's seen a flying ghost?" Mirelle wondered.

"Yeah 'cause Mika is dating someone. Not only someone but the Devil himself," she explained.

Mirelle laughed at that, not taking it seriously. Even Fel was eating like it was nothing major. "That's a good one! So what really happened? Come on you can tell me."

I bit my lips when a sudden warmth spread in my cheeks. "It wasn't a joke," I shook my head. Fel abruptly let her fork go and utter shock while Mirelle was gaping in disbelief. "He is not that bad. Actually, he is quite nice. He can be scary, but he's mostly nice."

"What?! No, no, no you kidding. Stop, that ain't funny anymore." She shook her head. "Have you kissed or something, like getting a little intimate already?"

"Well we kissed a couple of times, but nothing further," I shrugged. And I wasn't exaggerating when I said they looked like they were almost fainting.

"Wow," she sighed. "Wow, that has to sink in for a few minutes."

"You said he was nice?" Fel mumbled in awe. "I've never seen him being somewhat near nice to anyone but his friends. But one can't help it, he is no doubt quite hot."