𝕞𝕠𝕠𝕟

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

chaerin loves the moon.

she loved sitting down by the window with a cup of warm tea, staring at the night sky. the quietness of the moment brings calmness and tranquility into her mind, just her and her thoughts occupying the space.

sometimes, the moon brings her sadness.

the moon reminded her of the loving figure of her brother, who also loved the moon. he would gaze at the evening sky for hours, a look of wonder and fascination crossing his features. she would sit by his side, keeping him company. he would ramble on and on about astronomy, a topic that greatly interested him. although young chaerin didn't quite understand it, she liked the way that it made his eyes sparkle.

tonight is one of those nights where she finds herself curled up by the windowsill, eyes set on the bright moon. the only difference is that she is staring at it from the hotel's window, far away from korea. the group are currently staying in a hotel overseas, resting for the night before continuing their tour next morning. most of the boys are currently sleeping or freshening up, while some, including her, are doing their own activity.

chaerin rubbed her eyes, shifting her attention away from the window. she had been staring at the sky for 20 minutes, and now she is starting to feel bored. her dark brown eyes landed on her phone, an idea forming in her head.

the girl checked her attire, which consisted of a baggy long sleeved shirt and shorts. she tucked the front of her shirt into her shorts and stepped back, observing her appearance in the mirror.

"not bad right?" chaerin muttered, fixing her hair. after watching her members doing vlive earlier, she wanted to do a live too. if she's not mistaken, the last member that went live was seokjin, so his room is where she is heading to retrieve the staff's phone. she stepped out, not forgetting to grab the room's key. 'we don't need another tae accident.' she chuckled.

jin's room isn't far, only a couple rooms down the hallway from hers. feeling mischievous, she rang the doorbell repeatedly, knowing that it will make him open the door faster.

no answer.

she was about to ring the doorbell again, when all of the sudden, the door to his room swung open, revealing jin with a phone in his hand.

"what do you want– oh look everyone, it's chaerin!" he greeted, shoving the phone into her face. realising that armys are watching, she waved to the camera, smiling. jin stepped aside, making room for her to walk in.

"i thought you've finished the live. turns out you're still on." she sat down on the edge of the bed, looking over the table that is full with all kinds of food and snacks. ahh, he was doing eatjin.

"why? are you bored or something?" jin returned to his previous seat, adjusting the phone so that chaerin and him are in frame.

"kinda. i was thinking of doing my own live," she leans closer to the screen, pulling a silly face.

jin hums.

"well now that you're here, we'll do a vlive collab! chaerin and eatjin!" he cheered, stuffing a piece of potato chip in his mouth. chaerin reached into the packaging too, grabbing a piece and plopping it in her mouth, chewing happily.

the rest of the live went eventfully. the both of them joked around, answering questions and laughing at each other's silly faces. at one point, jin took the round glasses that chaerin is wearing and trying it on his face. to say that armys were freaking out would be an understatement– it caused chaos. she could already see the mess on their social media platforms.

"how would you describe jin?" the said guy asked, reading one of the question from the comment section. he turns to his dongsaeng, looking at her hopefully.

chaerin wrinkles her nose playfully. "old."

"yAH!" jin exclaimed, staring at her with wide eyes. "i've raised you and that brat jungkook since you guys were teens, fed you, bought you food and even washed your laundry that one time! this is how you treat me?!"

chaerin laughed at his expression. she pats his shoulder, watching as he slaps he hands away, huffing adorably.

"no, no. i think you are a great performer, oppa. your voice is charming and you're good-looking too." she ended her little speech with finger guns, smiling teasingly.

her eyes moved to the screen, watching as the comments pile in. a particular comment catches her attention, the girl reading it with an amused smile on her lips.

"chaerin and jin looks like they could be siblings! oh my, really?" chaerin cutely covers her mouth, genuinely surprised by the remark. jin starts to fan himself, imitating what it would look like if he were to push his long hair over his shoulder.

"i thought it was obvious that her good looks came from me. you should be grateful for having a handsome brother like me, chaerin-ah."

she pushed him playfully. "i'm an only child! if anything, i should be thanking my parents for this face,"

jin let out his unique laughter, shoulders shaking from how hard he's laughing. chaerin didn't think that her response was that funny, but she laughed anyways. it's hard not to join him whenever he started laughing.

after a moment their laughter died down. she glance down at her wrist, a small moon bracelet wrapped neatly around it. the gold jewellery represents dohyun to her– based on their childhood memory together.

chaerin smiled guiltily at her words. most of the time, she would just say that she's an only child. it pains her to say that she used to have a brother. besides, it's much easier that way. if she told someone that she used to have a sibling, they would ask more about him, and she didn't want to go through the process of explaining it again. it would just be a bad memory.

but it warms her heart how understanding the boys and her fans are. they wouldn't question her of dohyun if she's uncomfortable with it. they gave her space and time whenever she needs it, and she couldn't be more thankful.

"hey," she spoke, gaining the attention of jin who was talking. he turns to her, his topic from before already forgotten.

she looks at him before turning towards the audience, the vlive.

"i love you guys, to the moon and back."