Prologue

"Phew! Thankfully that was it for working today!" Hitek says as he jumps onto the ground.

"Yep! Now what do you wanna do?" Gritrix asks as she tilts her head. Hitek slightly jerks his head down and thinks. After a good minute, Hitek gets up and tags Gritrix. "Tag! You're it!" He yells as he runs off. As Gritrix runs after him, she sees his brother run into a man. "Hey, watch it kid! I almost dropped this!" The man scolds. Gritrix runs over to help Hitek up as the man walks away.

"He was rude!" She says and swifts her head towards him. She glares at the man as he starts planting crops with his kids. "Yeah, but.." Hitek says trailing off and running away. "BUT COME AND CATCH ME! YOU'RE STILL IT!" He screams and runs behind a building. "Hey! Come back! I wasn't done with you!" Gritrix says angered. She then runs after him and suddenly finds some feathers on the ground with a tall lady standing in front of her. As she looks up frightened, she finds her mom standing in front of her.

"Oh hello mom!" She says as she hugs her, and mom hugging back. "Hello sweetie.." She says trailing off as she picks up the few feathers on the ground. "Aren't these feathers just so pretty? I sure think so! Don't you hun?" She says as she kneels down and puts the basket down. Gritrix nods vigorously and smiles at her. Then her mom stares at her for a moment then gets up with the basket. "Sweetie, may I use the...thing around your head?" The mom says, not knowing what to call the  little scarf-like thing on her head. "Yes! Give it back though!" Gritrix says as she takes it off and hands it to her mother. She then places it in her bag, pats her head, and leave. 

"HEY! YOU'RE STILL IT YOU KNOW?" Hitek comes out behind the wall and screams. Gritrix then runs towards him and successfully tagging him. He then spins all the way around and sprints to her. She starts running and trips on a root of a tree. Hitek then starts to giggle but then hears a wimper coming from her sister as he stops. He carefully walks to her and crouches. "Are you okay sis?" He asks as she pulls her dress to reveal her red-scraped knee. Hitek then flinches and looks around. "Umm.."

 "Oh I know!" He exclaims as he tears a piece of his clothing and places it on her knee. "Does it hurt a lot?" He asks. Gritrix nods with her eyes teary. "No no! It's okay! Don't cry! It'll be okay! I'm here!" He says with a cheery expression. "Lets go back home!" Hitek then says as he gets up and helps her to the house. "Oh hi kids! Wait- What happened to Gritrix? What happened to you're clothes as well!" Their father says as he rushes to both of them. "She fell and I tore my clothing so it doesn't bleed." Hitek then says as him and his father help her to a chair. 

*Later that day as they eat dinner*

 "Oh! Gritrix! I have a surprise for you!" Their mother gets up and digs through her basket. She looks over to Gritrix and hands her her band from before but with those two green feathers and a matching flower sown onto it. Gritrix gets up and hugs her excitedly. "Thank you mommy! I'll keep it forever!" She smiles and puts it on her head and looks at her father and brother and smiles, as they smile back. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is the first chapter! I really hope you enjoy this book, I got this idea from a video in Social Studies/History! Chapter 1 coming soon hopefully!

~Author