4. The Other Side

You run with me

And I can cut you free

Out of the treachery and walls you keep in

So trade that typical for something colorful

And if it's crazy, live a little crazy

You can play it sensible, a king of conventional

Or you can risk it all and see

ANXIETY WARNING (brief)

Felicia

Since their first meeting, Felicia had made sure to keep away from the webbed hero. She needed to do some research until she felt ready for another encounter. Felicia planned to persuade him into helping her and she couldn't go in blind. Unfortunately, there wasn't much-unbiased information on Spider-man, just articles from supporters or people who felt he was a vigilante and needed to be tried as a criminal. However, all articles agreed that he was definitely associated with Tony Stark and therefore the Avengers, whether he was an official member or not. Now, Felicia just had to figure out how close the two were.

"Hey, Felicia!"

Felicia looked up from her textbook. She was in the library working on an assignment for one of her classes when she got lost in her own thoughts.

Ned sat down on the chair across from her. "What are you working on?"

"Literature assignment," was all she said. She had hoped that the boy would leave it at that, but he pressed on.

"Me too! Actually, Peter is supposed to meet me here so he can help me with it. He's a lot better at reading comprehension than I am," he said.

Felicia frowned, "Why didn't you ask MJ? She would probably be more helpful with this than Peter." Since she had been here, Felicia couldn't think of a time she hadn't seen MJ reading some book.

"Well I did, but MJ is busy this period," Ned responded.

"There you are, Ned! You didn't sit in our regular spot," Peter appeared around the corner, looking right at his friend. Peter's gaze drifted over to Felicia. "Oh! Hey Felicia," he smiled.

Felicia ignored the slight beating in her chest. In the week she had known him Felicia had developed a bit of a crush on Peter. This was unacceptable. Felicia was here for a reason and it didn't involve cute brown-eyed dorks that made her laugh.

When Peter sat down, Felicia raised a brow. "Is your regular spot cooler than my spot?"

Peter nodded, "Oh definitely, my spot has a window that gives me the perfect view of Ms. Harvey getting in her daily argument with Ruffus."

Felicia frowned, "Who's Ruffus?"

"A squirrel," Ned answered. "It usually only ends with Ms. Harvey chasing it off the property when it tries to steal one of her cigarettes."

"A squirrel with a tobacco addiction? That's nuts," Felicia grinned.

Peter groaned, "No, no, no, you have to leave now. The library is a pun-free zone."

"I walnut stop," she said.

Peter turned to Ned, "Hey Ned I was wondering if you wanted to come over later to study a bit before I have to go to my internship with Mr. Stark. I was going to invite Felicia, but I don't think I can handle any more puns."