Sisters

Bella was in foul mood for the rest of the week. She had been short temper and cold toward her friends, Charlie and sometimes Edward. Even the sweet and caring Angela was getting a little bit tired of her attitude. For short, she wasn't pleasant to be around. Her friends had no idea what caused the change in Bella's attitude and Edward knew it was upsetting them.

Often she was lost in her own thoughts, which frustrated Edward because he didn't know what she was thinking but clearly her everyday life was being affected. She couldn't focus during classes, resulting in several bad marks on her test.

Once when he picked up Bella from her house, he caught her and Charlie arguing.

"I don't care if she says she is your daughter. I don't want her in my life!" Bella yelled.

"Bella, I know this is difficult, but please try to understand the situation. It's not easy for the rest of us too." Charlie sounds exasperated.

"I said I don't care, Charlie." And with that Bella slammed the door.

She was embarrassed to find Edward waiting in the driveway. She knew he had heard everything. From that day on Bella had asked Edward to give her some space and stop picking her up, which he complied to. He thought she just needed some time to adjust. But over a week later Bella didn't seem to get any better and Edward had decided enough was enough.

On Friday when school was over he took Bella to his house. He drove his car while Bella's old truck tailed behind. They entered the Cullen's house and Bella was surprised to find the whole family seated in the living room, waiting for their arrival.

"Honestly you are nothing but trouble." Rosalie snarled at her.

"Shush, Rosalie." Esme scolded and then turned to smile at Bella. "Take a seat, dear."

Edward steered her to the sofa in the middle of the living room. She looked uncomfortable as she took a seat between Edward and Alice.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"It's about the new girl." Emmett said. "The Brit lady."

"Your sister." Rosalie added.

Bella's face turned sour. "She is not my sister."

"Bella," Carlisle, who was sitting across from her, sighed heavily before continuing. "I did the test myself. She really is Charlie's daughter."

Bella seems unchanged by the news. Her eyes still stared angrily at the floor, refusing to make eye contact with any of the Cullens.

Edward put his sympathetic arm around her stiff and slouching shoulder. "I know this must be a lot to take in, but you can't deny it forever."

"You are barely tolerable to begin with and this attitude is not helping." Rosalie said harshly. "Hermione Granger is your sister. Take the truth and move on."

"Rosalie!" Esme warned. "Have a little bit of compassion."

"But Rosie is right, ma." Emmett came to her mate's defense. "She had known of this Hermione girl for more than a month. It's been weeks since she met her. I say it is time to stop being in denial."

"I'm not in denial!" Bella snapped, catching the attention of all the Cullens. "I'm not in denial. I'm just..." Struggling to find the right word, she closed her eyes and shook her head before finally settled her eyes at Edward.

"I'm sorry. I think I'll just go home. I want to be alone right now. I need to think."

Without waiting for Edward's answer, Bella took off running. Edward was about to chase her when Carlisle gripped his arm, instructing him to stay.