Chapter 3: I Think We're Alone Now

June 1st, 1969

Hope heard the doorbell ring as she put her white hooped earrings in. She looked at herself in the mirror, fixing a piece of hair that fell out of her half done-up hair. Then, she secured it with a bobby pin.

"Coming," Hope said. She picked her purse up off the counter and headed to the front door. She flattened her blue and yellow, paisley patterned, long-sleeved dress out; she took a deep breath and opened the front door. Down on one knee was Stiles, and a bouquet of flowers lying next to him.

"Damnit," Stiles said to himself as he picked up his car key. A small smile formed on Hope's face.

"Having some trouble?" Hope crossed her arms over her chest. Stiles looked up at her, his amber-colored eyes lit up when he saw her. Hope watched as his Adam's apple bobbed up and down before he spoke.

"Yeah, dropped my keys," Stiles nervously laughed; he looked down picking the keys and flowers up. He stood up, stuffing the keys in his pocket. Stiles towered over Hope. He was wearing a red and white striped shirt, with a dark, light gray with a hint of red plaid jacket, topping it off with flared jeans and brown boots. Stiles pushed his shaggy hair off his brow and stuck his hand out that was holding the bouquet.

"These are for you," Stiles cleared his throat. Hope smiled up at him and took the flowers, she brought them up to her nose and sniffed the heavenly Rose bouquet.

"That's so sweet of you, thank you."

"You're welcome... so, are you ready for the movie?" Stiles licked his lips.

"Yes, let me take these inside." Hope turned on her heels and placed the flowers on the end table near the kitchen and rushed back to the front door making sure Stiles wasn't waiting.

"Ready," Hope grabbed the door shutting it behind her. Stiles nodded he gestured to Hope letting her go before him, Hope walked off the porch with Stiles behind her. Stiles was walking along side her, she felt his hand against her lower back, it caused a shiver to go up and down her spine. They walked up to a 1968 bright Red Cadillac Deville Convertible.

"Wow, badass car," Hope was amazed by this gorgeous car that she was about to get in.

"I know right, but it's not mine," Stiles moved his hand from Hope's back and walked in-front of her opening the car door.

"Whose car is it?" Hope climbed into the car, Stiles shut the door and walked over to the drives seat. He didn't even bother opening the door, he placed his hand on top the windshield and jumped over the door, putting his boots on the drives seat and then slide down. Hope watched him fetch the keys out of his pocket.

"It's Jordan's... he doesn't know I have it," Stiles put the key in the ignition.

"Excuse me?" Hope said in shock. Stiles turned his head too look at her.

"I'm kidding, alright," Stiles raised his eyebrows, he turned the key, the car roared to life, the radio began to play "Whole Lotta Love," by Led Zeppelin. Hope rolled her eyes, she playfully smacked him on the shoulder. Stiles chuckled at Hope's response. He put the car in drive and pulled out onto the street.

Stiles parked on the side street, turning the ignition off. Hope watched as he climbed out of the driver-side door and walked around the car opening Hope's door. He offered his hand she accepted it she climbed out of the car.