Chapter 32- In Tune

- Clementine's POV

I sat in shock, looking at the boy who I now had feelings for as he looked back, unsure of what I'd say. "I can tell you regret it..." I said, tilting my head slightly and noticing the way he looked away from me, his eyes now teary. "Yeah. I do." He said quietly back, just above a whisper. "Sorry. This was supposed to be fun. I guess I'm not much of a game person." Ruby spoke hesitantly. "Don't worry about it. Kinda hard to keep hopes up when we're missing half the crew." Louis said back to her as he stood. "I'm just...gonna go uhh...get some fresh air." He sighed, walking out of the room stiffly. I looked to Ruby in question, gesturing to the leaving figure as he closed the door behind him. She nodded.

"Louis, wait up!" I called behind him, watching as he stiffened and turned slowly. "Is everything okay?" I continued, noticing how tired and distressed he looked. He smiled automatically. "Yeah, everything's fine. It was just getting stuffy in there." He turned back around as I sighed unbelievingly. "You know that's a lie." I said calmly, leaning over to see his face. "Well...if I'm being honest I was trying to get away from you." He laughed in his sadness, leaving me completely shocked. "What the h*ll is that supposed to mean?!" I raised my voice, now feeling my throat tighten. His eyes widened as he turned to face me, frantically gesturing with his words. "No, no, no, Clem, I didn't mean it like that! I meant...I meant because...I don't think I deserve to be with you." He voice lowered with his expression as my heart slowed a little. "What do you mean?" I asked as I cleared my throat. "Well...I broke up my parent's marriage. So why do I deserve love?" He shrugged, looking into the distance as another knot formed in my stomach. "I know you regret it. If you had the chance, I know you'd try to fix it. Isn't that reason enough?" I stepped closer, watching as Louis sighed and swiped at his eye. "I couldn't fix it." He whispered. "Louis...we've all made mistakes. And we've all f*cked things up for other people. I know what it's like--" I started, however I was cut off. "Do you really?!" He sighed, muttering an apology as I fought to keep control. "Yes, I do. Do you think I'd be here if I didn't? I ran away and Lee got bit. It's my fault he's gone. But if things didn't happen the way they did we wouldn't be here today. We wouldn't be together." I pushed back tears, reaching and grabbing his hand as he turned slightly to face me.

"There's so much that I wish had gone differently in my life. I wish I didn't run away, or leave my gun on the sink, or join the New Frontier or let them take AJ. I wish I helped Brody more. I wish I could shoot arrows faster. Then maybewe wouldn't be leaving the school tomorrow. But I don't wish that I didn't crash that car. I don't regret telling you everything. Because of how much I care about you. And how much I like you." A tear fell as Louis turned to face me, bringing a hand up to my arm. "Clem..." He said quietly as he placed his hand on my cheek. I looked up to him, still holding his hand in mine as I looked into his eyes. Without another word, I moved closer, reaching higher and kissing him gently. I sighed as he let go of my hand, wrapping it around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck, not thinking twice about the open area we were in. After a moment we pulled away, breathless as we gave another quick hug, deepening the kiss in a comforting relief. "We should head back in. You know, before they find us out here." I smiled against him, holding his face and giving another quick kiss before I let go and turned to the front doors. Thankfully, I heard footsteps following behind me.

By the time we cleaned up the decorations, it had already become dark and I knew AJ had gone to sleep. Handing I Tenn the candle, he blew it out and left the room to find its rightful place. Ruby put the files back in their slot, and Willy had already left to sleep. I organized AJ's drawings, putting them all neatly in a pile before hearing a sudden noise. Turning in surprise, I saw Louis hitting a key and sitting down on the bench. "Feel familiar?" He chuckled under the moonlit room. I smiled as I lit one of the candles sitting on a table, approaching him afterwards. "It's always the same room, huh?" I leaned over the piano, shifting my weight so that it supported me as I tried to make conversation. He looked up, holding eye contact with me. "Where else than the piano? Besides, it's our last night alive...again." He sighed, standing to meet me. "I guess we better make use of it then." I whispered.

As if on cue, we both wrapped our arms around each other, Louis' hands resting on my hips as I brought my arms around his neck. We leaned in, no distance between us as we started kissing slowly. It didn't stay that way long. Only seconds in he grabbed my hips, bringing me closer to him as I tried to keep up. Our kisses became more urgent as our hands took their own directions, only having one goal: love. Was that what I felt? I couldn't be sure as we backed up, one hand on the small of my back as I ran my hands through his dreads. However in the midst of our make out, we'd forgotten our surroundings. I took one more step back and nearly lost my balance as the piano let out a horrible sound, jolting both of us away from each other. "Maybe we can continue this elsewhere?" Louis pointed to the couch on the other end of the room. "What about AJ?" I looked back in guilt. "Ruby told me to tell you that he was sleeping in Tenn's room tonight." He informed me. Still, it didn't feel right. It's not like we would do anything. Just sleeping on the same surface. "Okay." I nodded as we made our way to the couch. Sitting down, almost immediately he pulled me close again, kissing less urgent than before, but passionate all the same. "Lou..." I whispered as we tried to make room for breathing as well as everything else. Before I knew it we'd both laid down on the couch, I wrapped my arms protectively around him, resting my head on his chest as I had done weeks before. Although this time it was different. Not long after, the both of us were both peacefully asleep in each other's arms.

Oof that was kinda hard to write lol. And NO, don't you DARE think like that you dirty fanfic readers. I know you're there. I do not write those things. Not to mention I'd like, die if I even tried lol
Aaaanyways, sorry it's been a while. I literally had to write a short story for my final project in English. And I've had a really sh*tty headache today, so that sucks. But yeah, figured I'd get this chapter done because I actually felt remotely motivated. And yes, I'm aware that half the chapter is basically just them making out. But WHATEVER. 😎 ok bye