Chapter one: The Surprise

May 5th
10 days before the twins birthday.
2:05am Louisiana time
12:05am LA time

Kinsleys POV:
I wake up to my brother, Karter bursting into my room screaming like a lunatic.

"WAKE THE FUCK UP BITCH" he laughs and jumps on me.

I groan hitting him with a pillow, "Will you calm yourself child." I laugh and look over at my clock, "what the hell Karr it's 2 am!!"

"Nonnie has a surprise for us and told me to wake you up." He replies trying to pull me up.

"At 2 am?! Are y'all nuts?! Why couldn't this wait 3 more hours till we have to get up for school" I say as I get up up after he get off me.

"I don't know, She said it can't wait" he says walking out of my room.

Karter is my twin brother. Nonnie is our grandma. We've lived with her basically our whole lives, since we we're two. She's raised us. Just like our 5 year old cousin Aiden. He's been with us since he's a baby baby. Our uncle billy comes to visit us a lot, 2-3 times a month for a week or weekend at a time. He says it's to help Nonnie. But I think there's more to it. He usually comes alone, although from time to time he brings our cousins Annie, Hayley and our aunt Katie, but they usually have to stay in LA, due to the girls acting and singing etc.. They used to come around more often before Caleb passed away. Now they come maybe once or twice a year. I wish we could go visit them in LA, I've never been but would love to go, now that would be amazing.

I walk upstairs rubbing my eyes. When I get upstairs, Nonnies sitting in the living room, with a two large boxes in the middle of the room where the coffee table usually is. I look over at Karter as if he'll know something. He just shrugs and we both walk into the living room.

"Go ahead open them" Nonnie says smiling and taking out her phone to record us.

I cover my face, "why are you filming?! I look horrible" I move out of the camera frame and throw my hair into a messy bun. I walk back over to the big box.

"Alright, open them" Nonnie tells us, she seems very excited.

Karter and I look at each other before ripping open the wrapping paper. Inside is a large brown box, we both stand up and and take the tape off and open it up. Inside each box is a large suitcase, mine is a baby blue colour and Karters has captain America's logo on his. We both look confused.

"What's this for? We hardly travel, that's why we only have the carry ons" I ask nonnie.

"Just open them up and see" she replies.

So we open them and inside are fake printed boarding passes with our names, destination, length of trip, departure date and time, mode of transportation and surprise trip at the bottom.

"Wait are we- goi- are you serious" I spit out, I can't speak properly cause I'm too hyped up

"Are you for real? We're going to California!" Karter manages to say what I can't.