A Study in Pink

"The body of Beth Davenport, Junior Minister for Transport, was found late last night on a building site in Greater London. Preliminary investigations suggest that this was suicide. We can confirm that this apparent suicide closely resembles those of Sir Jeffrey Patterson and James Phillimore. In light of this, these incidents are now being treated as linked. The investigation is ongoing but Detective Inspector Lestrade will take questions now," Donovan told the room filled with reporters.

"Detective Inspector, how can suicides be linked?" one reporter asked

"Well, they all took the same poison. Um, they were all found in places they had no reason to be. None of them had shown any prior indication of..." Lestrade explained

"But you can't have serial suicides,"

"Well, apparently you can,"

"These three people: there's nothing that links them?"

"There's no link been found yet, but we're looking for it. There has to be one," In the back of the room a brunette pressed a button on her phone and immediately afterward all mobiles in the room beeped.

"If you've all got texts, please ignore them," Donovan told the reporters

"Just says, 'Wrong'," The first reporter claimed

"Yeah, well, just ignore that. Okay, if there are no more questions for Detective Inspector Lestrade, I'm going to bring this session to an end,"

"But if they're suicides, what are you investigating?" the second reporter asked

"As I say, these...these suicides are clearly linked." Lestrade stated "Um, it's an...it's an unusual situation. We've got our best people investigating..."

The brunette rolled her eyes with a huff and sent another message, causing the mobiles to beep.

"Says, 'Wrong' again," The first reporter said

"One more question," Donovan said

"Is there any chance that these are murders, and if they are, is this the work of a serial killer?" A third reporter asked

"I...I know that you like writing about these, but these do appear to be suicides. We know the difference. The, um, the poison was clearly self-administered,"

"Yes, but if they are murders, how do people keep themselves safe?"

"Well, don't commit suicide,"

Donovan whispered next to him "'Daily Mail.',"

"Obviously this is a frightening time for people, but all anyone has to do is exercise reasonable precautions. We are all as safe as we want to be," Mobiles beeped again with the same message 'wrong', except for Lestrade's reading 'You know where to find him'. "Thank you," Lestrade stood up and exited the press conference, Donovan following behind.

"You've got to stop him doing that. He's making us look like idiots,"

"Well, if you can tell me how he does it, I'll stop him,"

"Probably his little pet," Donovan muttered.

***

"How fresh?" Sherlock asked Molly as he unzipped a body bag.

"Just in. Sixty-seven, natural causes. He used to work here. I knew him. He was nice," Molly told him

"Fine." he zipped the bag back up and looked at Molly "We'll start with the riding crop,"

"So, bad day, was it?"

"I need to know what bruises form in the next twenty minutes. A man's alibi depends on it. Text me,"