《1》Quitting

DISCLAIMER:

This content is suited for NO audiences, it's terrible. Read at your own risk.

(Recommended to have some bleach nearby)

Also, thanks for 200+ reads. Vote for new chapter.

GLORIA BORGER'S P.O.V.

-

MY legs felt heavy, as if the whole world was dragging me down while I walked down the corridor towards Mr. Kjellberg's office. Every step I took made my stomach churn in such a dreadful way that I wished the ground could swallow me whole.

I took a few deep breaths in a desperate attempt to calm down the intense mix of emotions rumbling through my body but upon remembering what he had done to me, a new found rage burned inside my brain.

Without thinking twice I stormed into Mr. Kjellberg's office and even though I didn't known what to say at first, seeing his face brought up words I never dreamt of saying to my boss.

His door slammed against the wall and after a brief startled expression, a knowing look graced his face, telling me he knew exactly why I was here. "Felix, why the hell is the new woman claiming she's the new main host?"

Usually I didn't address my boss by his first name, but rignt now I couldn't care less, I was fuming.
I couldn't believe it, after all my hard work and years of getting myself to the top he just decided to strip me from my place.

For some reason he decided to stay silent, angering me even more. I tried to contain myself but I failed miserably. I sat down on one of the chairs and slammed my fist down on his desktop, making his computer shake on impact.

Felix visibly cringed at my anger fueled outburst. "Listen, Gloria, you know I care about you but within the last few weeks you haven't been at the top of your game." He explained himself with a calm voice, trying to soothe me but the only thing that would help my anger right now was hearing that Mary Ham would be fired.

"You've failed to provide any meaningful tea for the viewers for some time now and your presentation hasn't been professional. You've been giving your opinion every single time while you're not supposed to do that and that's not how I want the face of Pew News should behave. You're becoming irrelevant, Gloria."

His words were a harsh, making my heart sink and triggering a defensive side of me."Do you know how many sleepless nights I've spent researching and working? Do you know how much time I've dedicated to this job? Do you have any fucking idea?!"

After I yelled louder than I had anticipated I looked into his eyes, searching for a drop of regret but all I saw was indifference.

Not long had passed before my rage died down and sadness settled in, I thought Felix and I had some sort of bond but it turned out I was just disposable to him. For a moment I waited for him to say anything but he just kept on staring back at me, not budging on his decision. "You could've at least warned me instead of hiring someone behind my back."

"All this means is that you're not the main host anymore, you're still working here-"

I cut him off, not letting him finish his offer for scraps. "I'm a respected news anchor and journalist, I'm not going to settle for a job that's below my pay grade. I'll tell Poppy that he should clear his desk out too, before another person shows up to take his place."

My words were laced with bitterness, a drop of jealousy and mainly pettiness. Even though I was sure he got the message, I had to say it anyway. "I quit, felix. I fucking quit."

And to be honest, I've never felt better than when I said those simple words.

-------

Days had passed, maybe weeks even. I didn't bother to keep track. As I unlocked my phone with a thousand thoughts heavy on my brain, I contemplated everything I've ever done.

The first thing I saw was a bunch of text messages from Oopsie Doopsie telling me I had to turn on Pew News right now, so that's exactly what I did. With urgency I opened YouTube, searched for the newest video, and clicked on it with a little anxiety trickling through my veins.

Of course I saw the woman who I single-handedly blamed for my demise pop up on my screen. To be honest, I didn't want to hear her voice but I watched the whole video anyways. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't pull my eyes away from her.

Her flawless skin was coated with a little makeup, her professional clothes were complimenting her blue eyes, and with my signature headset on top of her hair that was pulled into a tight bun, she didn't seem out of place at all. She provided the internet with an entertaining video about the James Charles scandal which got me hooked even though I tried to hate it.

After I was done watching the video I scrolled down to the comments with anticipation, hoping they didn't like Mary more than me. Sure enough I read the first comment and my lips pulled into a smile.

Then I read the second negative comment,

And the third,

Maybe the fourth,

Definitely the fifth,

The sixth followed soon after,

The seventh,

And with a little snack in hand, I found great entertainment in the horrible comments about Mary Ham, and all of the sudden I felt this new strength. No one really wanted her to be the new host and for some twisted reason, it made me feel good. It made me think about how dumb it was of me to just sit around waiting as if I wasn't a good reporter. I had to show everyone that my career still existed.

For the first time in what felt like an eternity, a little flame of motivation lit up and I grabbed my laptop with a new idea in my head and looked for a new job as a news reporter.

-

Uhum...
Hi?

I was soooo busy the last month and-- who cares.

The 3 people who were interested in this last month probably don't care about it now but oh well. I'm still gonna continue writing it.

Bro fist.