Prologue

Prologue

A warm, glistening sun slowly rose into the dawn sky. The sun's Golden rays shone on the shiny scales of a Horny toad. The lizard was concentrated on the stars disappearing over the horizon, she didn't seem to notice her rocky cave filling up with light, and the moss on the floor seemed to soak up the sunlight. The lizard pricked her tail in curiosity as she heard the sound of a large skink approaching.

"Okani?" A crocodile skink asked as he popped his head into the Tribe leaders cave. The female horny toad, now known as Okani, growled as she rounded up on the giant skink, "What do you want Zeng?" she grumbled, her teeth bared. Zeng had now fully entered the skylit cave. "Okani, come with me, there's something important that you must see, now!" Zeng then left the cave, accepting Okani to follow. "Fine!" Okani muttered under her breath before catching up to Zeng.

Okani, who was the leader of Skink tribe, walked along the tunnels that made the tribes camp, She walked to the entrance to a large cave, with grass and a mossy oak tree in the center, its branches extended everywhere, twisting and turning like a snake. The leaves, hanged down on long, skinny vines, and the sun, now fully risen, had lit up the ancient tree by seeping through a large crack in the cave ceiling, And at a snail's pace, the whole cave soon was filled with shining greens and blazing golds.

Okani watched as many different lizards and geckos climbed up to the highest branch, soaking in all the light, The Tribe was alive and full of happy reptiles. Young tyros and hatchlings entered the gathering place through a different hole, many, many more holes covered the rock walls and many more slowly walked out of them, climbed down the rocks, and joined the other skinks. Okani smiled, she was so happy to see her tribe running well.

Suddenly, Two geckoes distracted her from the view. She growled and began running towards them "Okani wait!" Zeng yelled two Okani. but she was to focused on the geckoes in front of her.

It's Berch and Creak! Berch was an all brown gargoyle gecko and had dark brown zebra stripes, meanwhile Creack was a tokay gecko that was red and speckled with grey. "I thought I told you to never come back!" she screeched, stopping and spraying dirt and moss everywhere. After what they did, I never wanted to see their faces again. Creak lifted her tail and revealed a small egg. " We can't raise it on our own" she looked at Okani. Okani straightened up "and so you brought it here!?!?" Okani looked outrageous. Zeng came to her side, calming her down.

The whole of the tribe was looking at them now.

Zeng took a deep breath "Look, we'll take the egg, but after what happened, we can't have you back. Is that okay with you Okani?" Zeng calmingly spoke to both Okani and the two mates. Berch and Creak both nodded. "Fine.." Okani growled. "Jorn!" Okani called over a leopard-spotted skink "Bring this egg to the nursery, and you to, get out NOW!'" Okani pushed Berch and Creak through a large tunnel.

Zeng ushered Okani to follow him. "Come on, we've wasted to much time already." Then he lead Okani away from the magnificent view.

She followed him until they reached a much smaller room. "Zeng, why have you brought me here?"Okani said, confused as she looked at the drawings that were etched onto each stone that made the ancient cave, this was dragons hollow, A place where all of the most powerful and smartest reptiles went to live there afterlife, each stone was a dragon stone, and had a drawing of the reptile that the stone represented, when the stone started glowing, it would mean that the reptile has chosen another, much younger, to train, that creature was given two powers, when normal reptiles were only given one.

Suddenly, an icy blue light interrupted her thoughts.

"This is why I have brought you here"

Zeng said as he showed Okani to the blue light. Okani squinted at the glowing rock, she could just make out the outlines of a frilled neck lizard known as Mercy, Mercy was all white, except a few light gray spots, her eyes were a light pink, and she had two ram horns on the sides of her head, the horns were speckled with golds, pinks, and oranges, she also had two giant feathery wings that were a beautiful golden color. She was beautiful, and held a power like no other.

The power to bring others back from the dead

The stone is glowing! Thought Okani.

"You know what this means...right?" Zeng looked at her

this means that mercy, the dragon of life, has chosen someone to train!