The Darker Nights / Part 2

Y/N POV

Y/N had been awake reading "Day of the arrow" By Phillip Lorraine. The horror novel. It was a quiet night for her, most nights were- though there were the often times she would go to concerts. She was a little jumpy from reading the the publication and when she heard her phone ding she jumped. "Crap." She mumbled to herself. She could hear the crickets, the low sounding barks of dogs in the distance. She had just snapped back into reality. She grabbed her phone. "John" She said under her breath. She listened to the Liverpudlian accent coming from the other line and then cupped her hands over her face.
Y/N couldn't help but let out a titter.

"It may be 3 am but it didn't stop me from being awake anyway.. " Her voice became raspy , most likely due to her awakening hours similar to Johns.

"But um- Yea, sure!" She said a bit confused but realized he was in a panicky mood. "I was up anyway, I can't sleep." She said getting up and putting the telephone on the table. She threw on a pair of blue jeans and a baggy orange sweater, with a pair of black pimpsoles. "Where do you want to meet up at?" Y/N said while rubbing her eyes.

She was tired, but his call woke her up. He was a close friend of hers and she didn't like seeing him upset. She would do anything to make him feel better- and if that meant meeting up at 3:00 A.M. that's what she would do.

She waited for his response.

Johns POV

He leaned against his wall gazing out side his window , the dark seemed to engulf everything. Hide what would meet the eye in the day time. Something about the night enticed him. Snapping out of his daze he replied back too Y/N ;
" Hey — Yeah, um.. You know the old car park by that rundown store we used to go too ? Yeah that sounds kinda lame , but maybe we could meet there ? Go for a walk ?"
He said , his gazed now fixed back to the floor.

He knew it was absurd , but he came to accept that maybe that was just him : absurd. He thought surely it can't be a bad thing , but then the other insomniac children came to mind. And it wasn't long before he came back to feeling normal again. Normal in a different crowd rather then the rest of the town he lived in. Or the world for that point.

"I'll drive there now.. See you there" And with that he ended the call , got into his car and drove to the car park. The towns store had been quite rundown , it wasn't the most presentable. It was a magnet atmosphere for the 'edgy' and 'troubled' teens in his town.

After a few minutes he had arrived , not a single car or person had been in sight. Just the out door lights that dimmed and flickered.
As he waited her turned up the car radio , Elvis hound dog on full blast.
It wouldn't of been too hard for Y/N to
find him , or the rest of the neighbourhood for that fact.

//

AUTHORS NOTE :
Heya , I know I haven't wrote anything in a while and this might not be amazing but I tried. I'll update part 3 soon , promise. I hope you like it so far <3 Also I wrote another story and I'd appreciate if you check it out.
Peace and love y'all 💞💗