intro

evangeline remembered the first time she realized that she loved to burn. she sat under the stream of heavy, scalding water that stung and pelted her skin like hail. her skin was so dry from the showers. different itchy patches of dry skin rose after every shower. it didnt stop her.
she had gone as far as pouring hot wax down her chest, because dipping her fingers in it just wasnt enough. evangeline liked the feeling of the hot sun on her brown legs in 100 degree weather. she even liked the internal burn of working her muscles to exhaustion, but nothing could compare to the burn in her stomach, heat rising in her cheeks and the hot tears spilling from the corner of her eyes when she saw him.

he was the complete opposite of hot. his demeanor was nothing but cold. walking past, with music spilling out of his head phones, he didnt even look her way. she could feel her body temperature rise. he wore his slytherin uniform neatly and a frown on his face as if it were immovable. his hair was nearly white and his eyes looked like winter. he walked with his head down, not looking at anyone.

there were whispers about him. school had barely been in for a month, yet she heard nothing good about him. they werent even using his name. they called him different variations of evil, bad, scary.

"i cant believe what he did."
"hes a monster."
they would say.

the hint of the song blasting in his ears faded as he got further away.