Chapter 2

So, you probably have a lot of questions. Who exactly am I? New Havens? Where is New Havens? Who was that girl? What exactly happen? What was I running from? Well for all those answers, I need to start from the beginning and no not my birth. I need to start from the beginning of the end. Which if my calculations are correct was about four years ago.

Before I get into the beginning of the end, I should properly introduce myself. My name as stated is Clarke Smythe. I believe I am twenty. I am a girl, gay, and intersex. My parents never were around when I was growing up, so my older brother and sister raised me. Dave and Isabell are twins and now are twenty-four I believe. I haven't seen them since the beginning of the end.

So, our story starts about four years ago, the beginning of the end. It was a Friday and school had just let out. I made my way out of school and towards my house. I was walking since both Dave and Isabell were working. When I was about a block from my house, I saw a group of about eleven to fifteen people just standing around. They were of all ages. I didn't think anything of it and continued walking. My phone start to ring and I saw that it was my sister.

That was when the growling started. I stopped walking and turned around. The group of people started walking towards me still growling. This is when I got a good look at them and I was horrified. Blood was oozing from their eyes, nose, and mouth and their eyes were white. Skin was even starting to fall off or decaying you could say on a few of them. I took a couple of steps backwards then turned around and proceeded to run.

They started running after me. When I reached my house, I ran to the side and jumped over the fence. I ran to the backdoor and unlocked it. I entered my house quickly closing the door behind me and locking it. I could hear the growls as I evened out my breathing. Once I was breathing normally, I immediately called my sister.

She picked up on the first ring. "Hey" I say quietly. I can hear her crying and she says, "Thank god your alive, something happened." "I know" I replied quietly. "What do you mean" she asked. I reply, "Whatever is going on, I bumped into it and had to run for my life." Isabell says, "Stay in the house, me and Dave are on our way home and we will figure something out." "Ok" I say and hang up.

About an hour later, I hear the back door open. Dave and Isabell walk in. Isabell immediately runs to me and hugs me. "What is going on" I ask. Dave says, "From what I've heard, this new deadly pathogen that is going around and turning people into zombie like creatures." "So, what are we going to do" I ask. Dave answers, "Stay here for a few days to make sure we are well rested and ready for a journey. Pack everything that would be useful." Isabell asks, "Are you sure? Wouldn't it be safer to stay here?" Dave says, "Too risky. We are leaving in a few days."

And that's exactly what we did. We rode in the car as far as we could and then continued on foot. Dave wanted to find a place that was secluded, but still close enough to civilization so that we would easily get supplies. A few weeks give or take after the beginning of the end, we ran into a huge horde and that is when I got separated from Dave and Isabell. I think I heard them scream. I manage to get away from the horde and was catching my breath when I was taken by surprise.

I got bit on my right side before I managed to kill it. I found an abandoned house and waited to change. If you have watched any zombie movie or tv series, you know what comes next. An hour passed and nothing. Twelve hours passed and nothing. A day passed and nothing. Four days passed and still nothing. At this point a thought crossed my mind, what if I happened to be the one person that was immune to this. That would explain why I didn't change into one of those creatures.

I decided to go and try to find Isabell and Dave. I found a town that was nearby and collected all the supplies that I could and started my search. I was on my own for about three to five months I believe, all the while searching for Dave and Isabell and just surviving. And that's when I stumbled into the whole reason I was even in this mess to begin with.

That was when I ran into a group of guys. One of the guys knocked me out and I woke up tied to a chair. I came to find out that Richard was the one that knocked me out and was in charge of the group of men I ran into. Richard says, "The chosen one can't wait to meet you." Then I was left alone for who knows how long before a girl and a guy walked in. "Hello" the girl said, "I am the chosen one. This is the doctor, he is going to examine you while we talk." The doctor started his exam on me.

"My name is Rachel Hale" Rachel said, "And you are?" "Clarke Smythe" I said. "How old are you" Rachel asked. "Sixteen I believe" I answered. "How long have you been on your own" Rachel asked. I answer, "I believe for about three to five months." "Impressive" Rachel says. "You might want to see this" the doctor said. Rachel looks and sees my bite mark. "How long" Rachel asks. "I believe for about three to five months" I say. "Your lying" Rachel says. "If I was" I say, "Shouldn't I be showing signs of changing?"

Rachel says, "Keep Clarke down here for a few days to make sure." Rachel and the doctor walk out. And then what I'm assuming is a few days later, Rachel returns. Rachel says, "It seems that you were telling the truth Clarke." "I don't see the benefit of lying about something like that" I say. Rachel says, "Everything else about you checks out." "Can I be released" I ask. Rachel unties me and I stand up and stretch. "Do you mind if I stay for a couple days to rest up and restock" I ask.

Rachel smiles and says, "I don't mind at all." Looking back now I wish I hadn't stayed and just left. Little did I know that this would be one of the biggest mistakes I would make.

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.