Chapter 1

Rain's blue eyes glared out the car's window, which was smeared with rain. Social services was moving her, again. Even being eighteen, her records had her as fifteen. Which was easily believed, with her small build.

"It'll be fine," The woman said from the front seat, "Mrs. Rorin is a very nice woman. You'll have a bro-"

"He won't be my brother." Rain interrupted, her hair whipping as she turned her head. "Not by blood, anyways."

"You won't run away again." The lady murmured, in more of a statement than a question.

"That's for me to decide." Rain retorted. She watched as the car pulled up into a driveway, and stopped. Rain got out of the car, ignoring the rain. Slamming the car door, she followed the lady up the walkway.

"Hello!" A cheery woman answered the door. "I'm Mrs. Rorin! And this must be Rain!"

"Isn't this nice?" Lady asked. "Rain, why don't you go meet Liam, Mrs. Rorin's son?"

"Fine." Rain muttered, flinging her trench coat back to push her hands into her pockets.

As she walked into the room, a young man came into view. He was watching My Little Pony, something that Rain would have to accommodate with.

"Oi!" She fell back onto the couch beside Liam, who had a surprised look on his face. "Why My Little Pony? Why not Sherlock, or Doctor Who?"

"Er, you're Rain, right?" Liam asked, scooting over a bit nervously.

"That's me," Rain murmured. "Hand me the turner, bruh."

Liam handed over the remote at request. "So, Mom told me that we could go out later tonight and see the town." He hesitated before adding, "And you can meet my friends."

"Eh, sure," Rain shrugged. "I'd rather stay home, but whatever floats your boat, brother." She muttered sarcastically.

"Alright, Rain? Come along." Mrs. Rorin took the girl's hand, leading her up the stairs, and led her up to her new room. "After you get settled, Liam is going to show you around."
"M'right." Rain mumbled. "Sounds good." The wind blew her hair into her face, and she quickly brushed it back behind her ears.