Chapter 9 - Leave Tonight

Imani POV

It's been a couple of days since I've moved in with Marcus, and I have adjusted just fine. Marcus seems to be on edge all the time but he won't tell me why due to this I have to have bodyguards when I go out to work. I trust him, so I'll just wait it out for now.

As I walk through the hallway I pass a slightly cracked double door, I peek through to see Marcus at the head of the table and some other men sitting on both sides of it. I listen in to what they're saying, "Marcus, we have to think of a plan to take the Blue Bloods down and fast! Shortly after you got your to message almost half of the men at this table receive the same thing!" 

Marcus looks a bit frustrated but he agrees, "I need all of you to bring all of the supplies you carry for the next meeting. You have 3 days, once we regroup we'll make a game plan." 

Once he was done the men rose from there seat and I quickly left, making it to our room just in time. I grab an oversized shirt and make my way to the bathroom, I hop in the shower and wash up. 

Once I get out I put my hair in a big ponytail and slide into my shirt. I jump in bed thinking about the Blue Bloods and the message they sent Marcus. It might be the reason he wanted to end our relationship. I then hear a rustle from outside, I pull out a knife from the drawer and walk over to the window. 

I look out to see nothing, "Must be an animal." I put the knife back in the drawer and sigh a bit. "Hey beautiful~" I turn around to see Marcus, I walk over to him a give him a quick peck on the lips. "Hey."

I try to walk to our bed but a Marcus places his hands on my waist and pulls me back to him. My back and his chest stay close, and my ass places perfectly on his lower region. He nibbles on my neck I moan a bit. "M-Marcus." He begins to rub my thigh which makes me moan once again with pleaser. 

He whispers in my ear, "Imani~ Let's have some fun~" 

Before he could slide his hand up my thigh further the sound of glass breaking fills the halls. We both jump and run out of the room. Once we are out we see Ruby in her pajama's just as worried and confused as us. We run downstairs and guns start to fire, men in a black suit and blue ties shoot at Marcus men. 

I grab Ruby and move us to the side to avoid the bullets, Marcus aids his men and takes down as many Blue Bloods as he can. 

I run to the nearest room and run to the drawer, I open it and pull out a gun and load it up. I ran back and stood in front of Ruby, see that she is safe I cover Marcus's men from the sideline until I run out. Then I hear someone shout, "GET DOWN!" 

I shield Ruby and a mini-bomb goes off, making the ground shake. I cough a bit, I look over to see Marcus on the floor, "Marcus!" Ruby looks over and we both run over to him, I check his pulse, "He's alive." Ruby shakes him, "Bi Bro, wake up!" He groans a bit and starts to open his eyes, relief fills my body. 

"Well, well, well~" I look up to see a man in black pants and white dress shirt. He smirks at Marcus and Ruby but his face falls when he looks at me, "Imani?" I give him a confused look and steps a bit closer. I stand in front of Marcus and Ruby, I look at the man in front of me. 

"Chris?"

He gave me a small smile, "Imani, it's been too long~" I take a step back, "Chris what are you doing here?" He smirks at me, "I came here to take Marcus's territory, but now that I know you're here I might just take you too~"

I glare at him, "Chris, leave."

He steps closer and places his hand under my chin, I continue to glare at him. "You know I can't do that now that your here~" 

I smake his hand away, "Why do you even want me?! I haven't seen you since high school!" He tried to touch me again but I smack him across the face. He touches his cheek and laughs a bit, "You know Imani, you were different from the other girls at our school. I like you a lot, and now that I'm back I can finally have you."

I look at Ruby with worry, "Run. NOW!"

Chris charges at me, I do the same and try to punch him in the gut, but he beats me to it. I get pushed back a bit and he wraps his arm around my neck. I try to kick and punch him but he's stronger than he looks, he puts a cloth over my mouth and nose and everything starts to go dark. Before I black out I see Ruby with a bat, then the world goes dark.

 Ruby POV

I try to hit him with a bat but he catches it with ease, "Maybe I should take you both~" He grabs my neck and lifts me up, I struggle to breathe a bit but a voice fills the room. "Take me for them." 

He lets me go and I cough a bit, he then drops an unconscious Imani on the floor. I look at Chris to see him looking at Imani and then to Marcus. "Imani is very stubborn and from the intel, I've gathered about a new woman in your life I will take you~ Then I'll make her watch you die so she will have no choice but to come to me~" 

He walks past me and shoots my brother in the leg, Marcus cries in pain. I cover my mouth and tears fall from my eyes, Chris snaps his fingers and Marcus gets dragged away. He looks at me and smirks, "When Imani wakes up, tell her that I'll be back to collect her when I finish the job~" Then he leaves.

Imani POV

I slowly open my eyes to see that I'm in the infirmary, "Ruby, she's awake!" I quickly sit up a flinch in pain, I look round to see Ruby and some of Marcus's men. I look around, "Where's Marcus."  

Everyone averted their eyes but Ruby keeps her eyes on me, "He got taken, but a plan is still in progress for saving him. We believe that we have 2 days at most." 

I look down at my lap letting everything process but she continues, "Chris wants me to tell you that he'll be back to collect you when he finishes the job." I get up from the bed, ignoring the mental and physical pain shooting through my body.

"Imani, you need to stay in bed!" I ignore them and make my way through the door, "I need to be alone."

I walk out and make it to Marcus and I's room, I close the door behind me and lock it. I look at the time to see it's 7 in the afternoon, I look out the window to see the sun setting.

 "I'll leave tonight."

TBC...