Pride {Tony x Kai}

Warning: There are themes of abuse present in this oneshot.

Kai is the male version of Kat.

Kai's parents were never nice to him.  They were strict, and refused to care.  Why?  Because Kai wasn't planned.  His mother attempted to abort, but it failed.  They resented him.  Kai became shy, and tended to stay in the corner.  But then, he met a girl named Tina.

"Hi!"  The girl with auburn hair waved to the shy boy.  "I'm Tina, what's your name?"

"K-Kai."

"That's a nice name!  Wanna hang out with me?  My brother's coming along too!  I'm sure you'll get along!"  Her green eyes sparkled when Kai nodded.  "Great!  His name is Tony!  He looks like me, but tanner.  Follow me!"

~

"Tonyyyyy--"

"What?"  Tony was waving around a rainbow flag, obviously bored.

"This is Kai, I just met him."  Tina smiled.

"Tina, what did Dad tell you about bo--"

"I'm not interested, silly.  My heart's set on--"

"Set on...?"  A boy with orange-brown hair popped up behind her.

"AH!"  She jumped.  "U-Uhhh..."

"Whatever..."  Tony led Kai away.  "Name's Tony.  Kai, right?"  Kai nodded.  "Great!  You seem like a great listener.  We'll be good friends."

~

"It's pride month!"  Tony ran into the new Daycare, hugging Danny and Dave.  "I'm not interested in you two, don't worry."  Tony ran away from the two to greet Kai.  "Hey Kai!"  He smiled, and Kai smiled back.

"Hey, Tony."  After about a year, they had grown close.

"Guys!"  Everyone gathered around.  What?  He was on the table of power.  "I have something to say."  He inhaled.  "I'm gay!"

"Da ba de--"

"No.  I actually like guys."  Tony glanced over at Kai, trying to read his expression.  Tony was blushing crimson, and so was Kai.

"M-Me too..."  Kai muttered.

"You what?"  Kai jumped, immediately recognizing the voice as his mother.   "YOU LIKE BOYS?!"  His mother, raised him up by his collar.

"M-mu--"

"Hey!"  Tony yelled at the older woman, firing a rock at her head.  "Let him go!"

"What?  Is this boy your boyfriend?"

"And what if I want him to be?!"  The woman scowled, and through Kai across the room.

"Then he's no son of mine."

Tony continued to fire rocks at her, screaming offensive terms for her behavior.  Until, she died.  She probably respawned but still.

"Kai!"  Tony ran the the boy against the wall.  "Are you okay?"  Kai was crying, and clutching a bruise on his arm.

"T-Tony..."  Kai stretched forward to hug his crush, but not saying his feelings out loud.  "Where am I goin--"

"You can stay with me."

"R-Really?"  Tony looked at Tina to get permission, and she nodded.

"Yes, really."

~

"Kai!"

"Hm?"  Kai now had his own room in the Tiger house (he's gonna be a Tiger soon hehe) and was now accustomed to living with them.

"It's the end of pride month, and I want to say something."  Tony began to blush, and handed a bouquet of flowers to Kai, who also began to blush.

"When I came out as gay, I realized that I had a crush on a guy, obviously.  And that guy was you.  And it still is.  I'm asking you to--"

"Yes."  Kai put the flowers down and kissed Tony without warning.

"That's the most daring you've ever been."

"I know."