Dance With Me?

Authors Note: Feel free to comment requests! - This takes place at the Yule Ball

Draco

     I sit on the bench, twirling my wand around my fingers, a smug look on my face. Of course the smirk is just to cover up the fact that I'm scanning the room for him.

     Damn him for his deep green eyes, messy bed hair, and merlin his smile is so cute...

    I get snapped out of my thoughts when I spot that gorgeous lump of scar on the dance floor with... Parvati Patil. My heart drops and I do everything in my power to stop myself from breaking on the spot. I scoff and look over at Crabbe and Goyle. "This is boring. I'm going for a walk."

     I promptly stand and stride over to the exit. I glance back and see Potter watching me. My heart pangs with hurt and I'm sure Potter can see right through me, though I cover up my emotions and smirk at the Boy Who Lived before leaving the large room.

     Tears quickly fill my eyes as soon as I'm away from everyone. I shouldn't be feeling like this. Of course he didn't ask me to go with him. He's straight, that's for sure. And if he were gay, why would he ask me? I've been nothing but a dick to him.

     I round the corner with my head down to hide the tears streaming down my face when I suddenly bump into someone. I glance up slightly and realize it's the source of my pain itself. "Malfoy?"

     Oh my Merlin his voice is so smooth and... Do I detect concern? I'm probably imagining that.

     I puff up my chest and shove past Harry Fucking Potter, the most beautiful man on Earth. "Shove off, Potter," I mumble, quickly wiping my tears and hoping he doesn't notice. I feel a hand grip onto my arm and I am suddenly engulfed in Potters smell and warmth. I melt into his touch and close my eyes.

     "Something's up. You're not teasing me relentlessly like usual." So it was concern in his voice... Wow. "Well... That can be exhausting sometimes..." I whisper helplessly. Harry leads me to a less busy hallway and I sigh softly.

     "Draco, I know we're enemy's and all, but I'm worried. You looked so heartbroken in the ballroom. Who hurt you?" So he did notice. Harry Potter, the Chosen One, noticed my pain. I reluctantly pull away and attempt to pull myself back together.

     "Wouldn't you like to know, Potter," I force myself to sneer. I just want to be back in his embrace. "Yes, Malfoy, I would like to know so I can beat their arse."

     And before I can stop myself, I blurt out, "You can't beat your own arse, Potter. Don't be ridiculous." A silence falls between us and I feel my face turn beet red. Shit. I really just said that. Potter looks at his hands, then at me, then at his hands.

     "I... I hurt you...?" He asks, his voice soft and filled with regret. Does he regret asking me who it was or does he regret hurting me is the question.

     Fuck it. I'll never get this chance again to tell him how I feel. "Yes! Merlin, Potter! You hurt me every day with your brilliant smile and your sexy bed hair. Your gorgeous green eyes always seem to see right through me! And then you go off and go to the Yule Ball with Patil instead of me and I know that's ridiculous because I've been horrible to you but..." My voice breaks and tears fill my eyes.

    "I love you, Potter. I have since I first layed eyes on you. And I know you could never love a useless dickhead like me..." I take a step back and run off, leaving Potter standing stunned in the middle of the empty hallway. I dash into an empty classroom and slide to the floor, my back against the locked door.

     I curse myself for running off and bury my face in my knees. I can't hold it back anymore. I let out sobs, knowing I just ruined any chance I had with Potter because I couldn't deal with him having a girlfriend. I hear footsteps running down the hallway outside the classroom I'm in.

     "Malfoy!" I hear Harry's call, but stay silent. He's probably going to hex me. "Draco! Please!" I hear Harry fall to the ground and I jump up. After what feels like hours, I hear something else.

     Light sobbing coming from outside the classroom door. It might not be Harry. Then as if to disprove my thoughts, I hear Harry's voice. "Draco please..." He cries softly, "I love you too..." I freeze and stare at the door. No way... I point my want at the door and whisper, "alohomora". The lock clicks and the silent sobs stop.

     I curl up in the far corner of the room, hoping deep down that Harry doesn't see me, especially when I'm in the state I'm in. The door opens and I can barely make Potters face out from the surrounding darkness. "Lumos," Harry says, pulling out his wand. The room brightens up and Potter instantly see's me. He runs over to me and I can't help but smile a little.

     God he looks like a dork when he runs.... Potter falls to his knees and grabs me, pulling me closer to him. I bury my face in his chest and sigh softly. "I love you, Malfoy," he whispers. "I love you more, Potter," I whisper back, my heart leaping in my chest.

     I feel him smile and pull back slightly. He stands us up and I look at his beautiful eyes. "Shall we?" I look down and notice his hand is extended towards me. I tilt my head, his words and actions not clicking in my head. Potter chuckles softly. I love his laugh so much.

     "Dance with me, Malfoy," he clarifies, a small smirk on his face. I nod quickly and place my hand in his. "Only with you, Potter."