Chapter 15- The Oracle

Heading down the stairs to the interrogation rooms I'm eager to start my next session with Callixos. Werewolves were known for their ability to endure various forms of abuse but I had to admit his resistance had proven admirable.

"Donta just brought us a fresh one" Certus calls as I round the corner. "We've got a female minotaur in room 7. Says she wants to talk to you." He finishes causing me to growl in irritation.

Turning on my heels I head back down the hall toward interrogation room 7. Opening the door of the room I find her sitting at the table. Her wrists are bound by six thick chains which are attached to the floor and a yoke, with its five chains attached to several iron rings in the wall, is around her neck holding her in an uncomfortable upright position. She has the body of a warrior yet when her hazel eyes meet mine and all I can see is kindness in them.

Pulling out my cell I dial Certus' number. "Request the presence of the oracle. I need to call in a favor." Certus knew of whom I spoke. Yaira. She was the oldest known fae in existence and she often kept herself well hidden refusing interaction with most everyone. Yaira had an extraordinary gift and it was one that she did not use lightly.

"What is your name?"

"My name is Sikana." She answers proudly.

"Why do you wish to speak with me?"

"You are seeking to find who is behind the rise of the Ultonis are you not?"

"I don't believe you are in a position to be asking the questions." I reply calmly motioning toward the chain.

"I am not here because I was captured Alessandro. I came of my own free will and willingly allowed myself to be put in these ridiculous restraints" She said with a snort using what little slack she had in the chains to lean forward.

"Then you must forgive me for taking necessary precautions Sikana for I cannot afford to be careless." I reply coolly.

"Understood. However, I am merely here to offer you my assistance and what little information I have." She responds in the same cool manner leaning back against the chair.

"What do you know?" I ask leaning forward.

There's a knock on the door and Yaira glides silently into the room her lavender robe flowing out behind her. Her long white hair which almost brushed the floor is back in a French braid and her solid white eyes glow softly. No one knew exactly how old she was but she always appeared to be around sixty years of age.

"You may continue Sikana." Her melodic voice fills the room though her lips never move.

"Who are you?"

"If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear from me."

Sikana's hazel eyes study Yaira before she continues. "That night in the Bayou, the night the wolf family was killed, there was another with Callixos. There was a woman with him, a supernatural. I could not see for she was draped in a hooded cloak. There was a black mist that swirled around her and Callixos seem drawn to her like he was being controlled. He was fascinated with the mist that swirled around her and he pleaded for her to share it with him. Whatever it was it was beyond any power I have ever felt and the sense of despair that emanated from it was overwhelming. His pleading seemed to make her angry but then she began to coo words of encouragement as she watched him kill the family of werewolves."

Yaira slowly makes her way over to Sikana to place her palm against between the eyes of her bowed head. "You have been dreaming." Yaira questions her eyes glowing brightly.

"Yes. Alesandro you must find her."

"Find who?"

"The one you loved long ago. I have seen her many times in my dreams. She was a very beautiful woman."

"Tiet" I whisper.

"It's not going to matter what anyone else does to fight the oncoming war if you do not find her again. You have to find her. Stop worrying so much about who is behind the Ultonis. Find your mate and the rest will fall into place. I merely wish to help you in any way that I can." She replies.

Yaira drops her hand. "This one speaks the truth. There is a gentleness to her soul." Closing her eyes Yaira inhales deeply and the sound of the chains binding Skiana falling to the floor follows.

"With confirmation of your words I gladly accept your assistance and welcome you with open arms." Grabbing each other's forearm, a sign of acceptance among minotaurs, she said "I am happy to hear that Alesandro because when you do find her she will need all the protection she can get."

I turn to address Yaira and a small smile plays on her face. "You know it is not my place to tell what the future holds. It must happen as fate wishes."