Chapter II - Pamela, Pomeron and The Women

Pam pushed her head against Pomeron's chest, pinning him down. She was out of breath by now. Holding a Hero down is no small feat. He pulled her off him like one would do with a leech but her head stuck to his chest once more, coming down twice as hard.

"Ouch," he said, having gotten the air knocked out of him. It was nothing compared to the many pains he's survived in the past.

"You're not going to leave today. Not alive." she said.

"Oh come on." he said and sat up easily, as Pam fell off him - onto the bed they shared. He smiled, got up out of bed and put his practice armor on. Pam sat up at the edge of the bed. The light of dawn was peaking through the thick canopy of their tent.

"You can skip practice for one day, Ron... Just be with me a bit longer. I'm going to go crazy cooped up in here, you'll see." she said.

"Skip practice?" he said, chuckling at the thought. "You know I can't do that. It's the only thing that keeps me going."

"It doesn't need to be." she said.

"But it is... I don't think we need to have this conversation everyday." he said and took a deep breath. Has to be today. You can say it. You've said it a hundred times before... In your head.

"We're in a good place. Not one day goes by that I don't think about how grateful I am that I somehow mustered up the courage to come talk to you after my ceremony. I still think I'm dreaming up all of this sometimes. How you accepted my offer to stay with me. How you grew to like me. Maybe even... Lo..." Say it! "Even ll-"

"Maybe even love you?" she said, helping him out.

"Yes, that. Love. Like I do you." he said, almost shyly.

Pam didn't get to see a lot of emotion from him other than a few constant ones. She loved this side of him. And she loved seeing him struggle with it, even more.

"I do too." she said, smiling gleefully.

Pom looked surprised for a moment, but quickly turned away and excited the tent. Pam fell back on the bed, smiling to herself. That was a big moment for them, and it was initiated by Pom himself!

After a while, she came out to the field. They were at the Plains, fresh off their latest victory. Green fields stretched as far as the eye could see. A stark and welcomed contrast from Mud River down south. The air was fresh and the day - just beautiful. She breathed in the fresh air and set out.

Being in a relationship with a Hero had its perks. One of them was that Pam didn't have to go fishing or cook like the other women did. On this wonderful day however, Pam chose to go work. As she made her way towards the sweaty women, seated around the fire that was cooking their meals, they all suddenly stopped. They stopped to look at her.

There were a couple of them whispering to the woman at their side. Pam recognized one of them to be the woman who gave her clean clothes on that fateful day that took Elder Horton away from her.

"What's cooking, ladies?" she asked and put on a comforting smile.

Months had passed, but they still wouldn't see her as one of them. She had managed to help them out from time to time, though. Even got quite skilled at fishing. She still wasn't one of them. Some were still confused about her, some were jealous of her, some still called her their Queen and some others saw her as the one that just got lucky.

"Nothing... Your- Your Grace." said one. She was one of the 'calls her queen' kind.

"No, Gwen... Not anymore. Also that giant bowl of nothing seems quite done, don't you think?" Pam said in the most friendliest way possible.

War Without Reason : The Second BattleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara