Chapter 2: Getting the Gang Together

~~1899, Colorado, Alternate Universe~~
Their first stop was in Valentine's native time period and universe. Jocelyn didn't know anything about the late 1800s in America-and even if they did, this was another universe, so there was a chance they were operating on incorrect information.
"Who are we looking for, again?" They ask Valentine.
"One of my hired hands, Diego Brando. He should be way to convince."
"Hired hand..." they repeat. Wasn't that like an assassin? They didn't want to kill him again!
Soon enough, though, a man came into view. He was tall, blond, and lanky, with ice-cold blue eyes. He wore a pair of cowboy boots, tan pants, and a green diamond sweater. Also, he had a helmet with the name "DIO" loosely attached to it.
Jocelyn couldn't help but think to themselves that those letters had to be kind of dangerous. What if they hit him on the head?
"I'll take care of this one. You just stay here for now. Who knows what kind of trouble someone of your...complexion could cause here." Valentine says, gesturing at their purple skin.
At first, Jocelyn wants to rebuff-that was insensitive!

~~1880s, London~~
The next stop was old-time London. Jocelyn hoped deep down that this would be quick.
Valentine had told them that they would be on their own for "the rest". What a jerk, they thought to themselves.
It should have been fairly easy though, find one absolute scumbag from each time period, convenience them to come with you, and then on to the next one.
All valentine had said about this one was to look for a vampire-infested town. What was she supposed to bring with her? A cross, maybe?

~~1986, Egypt~~
"It's so hooot...." Jocelyn whined, wiping sweat off their brow.
You're in Cairo, idiot! They thought to themselves. The middle of the desert! Of course it's hot!
They decide that evil around here should be easier seen than done. Someone around here who wanted to make a statement would have to make a pretty big one.
Sure enough, they found their answer. There was a big, foreboding castle near the center of the city. The place reeked of scumbag to them.

~~1999, Japan~~
"...Oh, I get it. I must be dead. That infection must have killed me in my sleep."
This one was the most normal-looking recruit yet. He had blonde, slicked back hair, and a dark blue, loose shirt. Jocelyn found themselves doubting that this man was as evil as Pucci or Diego.
Best to play along for now. "...Yes, yes, you are dead. But I do have a mission for you. You need to help us find the Holy Corpse Parts..."
"...OK, why not."
"Really?" Jocelyn's eyes widen in surprise.
"Yeah. After all, if I'm dead, I really don't have anything better to do than follow angel's orders."