Chapter 14- Happy Birthday Denki!

(edited)

-Slight mentions of homophobia-

~Le time skip~

Sero POV

School has been out a while now and it is officially summer. It is also June 29, which means that today is Denki's birthday! Me and the squad are going to Denki's house for a small little get together. Denki doesn't want to call it a party, but it totally is one. The party is being held at 4:00 and we're all going to have a sleepover as well. It's gonna be a killer event. 

3rd POV

It was currently 3:17 and Sero was bored out of his mind. He got up from his bed, which he was laying on and started towards the door. He grabbed his sleeping bag, a pillow and his present for Kaminari.

After walking for about 10 minutes, Hanta arrived on Denki's porch. He rang the doorbell and waited.

"You're sooooo super early!" Denki said after opening the door. 

"I was bored and I missed you."

"Aww! Well in that case, come on in!" Denki said stepping aside so that Hanta could enter the house. This in fact, was the first time Hanta had ever been inside the Kaminari residence. It was kinda old fashioned to say the least. 

Denki led Hanta down a hallway and into a bedroom. Sero took one look and immediately knew it was Denki's. The walls were yellow and posters dotted the walls. There were posters of bands he liked and characters from video games and other t.v shows. A huge pikachu poster hung directly above the bed, that was yellow with black lightning bolts decorating it. There was a big white dresser in the corner next to the closet. A blue electric guitar and an amp sat by the dresser. 

"Do you play?" Hanta asked gesturing to the guitar.

"No, but he signed it!" Denki said pointing to someone on a poster. Hanta looked closer to find the signature, and of course it was there. This was probably Kaminari's most prized possession.

"Hey that's really cool!" Hanta said. It was cool, it's not everyday that you get a guitar signed by someone you admire. 

"Isn't it? Ugh I love that band so much." He said as he fell onto his bed. Sero sat down next to him. 

"Hey um.. do uh, do your parents know about me?" Hanta said kinda slowly.

"Uhhhhhhhh..... well. They know that you're my friend. Which is true, but they don't know that you're my BOYfriend.... they don't know I'm gay yet." Denki said looking up at the ceiling. "I was planning on telling them tomorrow so that I could spend one more birthday with them before getting kicked out." Denki sighed.

"What makes you think you'll get kicked out?" Sero asked.

"Welll uh, my dad is uh a little homophobic... he told me when we moved here that if he ever found out I was dating some guy he'd wipe the floor with me. He really doesn't support it. I don't know about my mom, I doubt she'd fight for me. I'm not exactly the son she wished to have." Denki sighed. "But it's ok!" He smiled, "I'll still have you to cheer me up!"

"Aww Denki, of course you will!" Sero said smiling back at Denki. Hanta ruffled Denki's hair and laid down next to him. The two conversed until the doorbell rang again. The two then shot up to go answer the door.

"Hey hey hey!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" Mina yelled once Denki opened the door. 

"Happy birthday man!" Kiri said.

"Yeah happy birthday or whatever idiot." Bakugou said with a small smile on his face. 

"Aww thanks you guys! Come on in!" Denki said warmly inviting them into his humble home. 

"Where do we put the gifts?" Mina asked. The guys nodded to show that they too wondered where to leave the presents.

"...I told you not to bring gifts guys."

"Yeah well it wouldn't be a birthday without presents!" Kiri said leaning onto Bakugou.

"Fine. Just leave them by the door." Denki said after a few minutes of silence.

-----------------------------

The five played a bunch of games, ate pizza and cupcakes and then it was time to open presents.  Denki chose to open Mina's gift first. He pulled out a huge hamburger hat and an amazon gift card. He but on the hat and thanked her. They all laughed due to the silly, huge, obnoxious hat on his head.

Bakugou's was next. Denki pulled out a shirt that had a pikachu on it and a pen covered in lightning bolts. Denki thanked him as well.

Kirishima's was next. Denki pulled out a camera and a note that said 'make the first one count!' on it. Denki got all excited and made his friends scoot in close to take the first picture. Denki happily thanked Kirishima.

Hanta's was next. Denki grabbed the beautiful yellow bag and tore out the tissue paper that hid his gifts. He first pulled out the pikachu plush and squeezed it tightly. Next he grabbed the yellow and black beats Sero had bought him. Lastly he pulled out a tank top. The top had a lightning bolt on it. Denki looked at Sero who had a matching top with a roll of duct tape on it. Denki smiled. Mina gasped. 

"Thank you so much!" Denki said leaning over and squeezing the heck-fire out of his boyfriend. "Thank you all so much!" Denki said to all the gang. Everyone smiled, happy they could make their electric friend smile.

They watched a movie afterwords, and Denki cuddled with Hanta. They went to sleep after because it was pretty late in the night. Denki and Hanta laid their sleeping bags close together and they cuddled all night. It had turned out to be a great day.