Chapter 18: The Romantic Cupboard

"Saffron! How did you escape! What are you doing here?" June asked, letting go of Saffron.
"Well it was so cool coz-" she stopped when she saw Theo.
"Who's he?" she asked. "Where's Tamson?"
"Hey! My name's Theo! How ya doin?" Theo grinned. "I'm guessing your Saffron, not Pablo, coz your not really male or Italian... Ya know what I mean?"
Saffron looked confused.
"June, where's Tamson?" she said seriously, concern sweeping her face. Tamson. June felt like she had been slapped in the face.
"That doesn't matter. Now tell me how you escaped!" June said, trying to change the subject.

"Well, they were taking me to execution and they refused to tell me why and I got angry and used my secret, hidden, epic ninja skills and kicked them all down! I even deflicted a gun from their hands!" Saffron cried.

"I am liking her already," Theo grinned, casually leaning back against the mop. It tipped over, flipping the bucket over dirty water over with it. Theo jumped away, suprised.

"Shi- i mean, shivers!" he exclaimed, watching the water spread like wildfire around the small cupboard. June sighed heavily.

"Give me the mop," she said, her voice had a sharp edge to it.

"June, who's the clumsy guy?" Saffron asked, lookng at him and tilting her head. Theo started feeling a little self-concious. June scoffed.

"You mean Theo?" she asked. Saffron nodded. "Just a guy who saved me."

"Saved you??" Saffron asked, confused.

"Don't worry about it. No one happens to have food do they?" June asked, stretching her back.

"No," Saffron replied sadly. "I wish I did. The food they gave me in the dungeons were disgusting! They were just like a plate of brown, sludgy stuff. I only have a dollar." She emptied her pockets.

"Pablo was right.  Food has more worth than money," June paused. "Saffron, was Pablo in your cell?"

"Uh no. I haven't seen him since we got here," she replied.

"Can I interrupt for a minute?" Theo asked.

"No," June said plainly.

"Ruuuuude!" Theo cried loudly, swinging his head aroud and snapping his fingers sassily.

"I'm just joking of course you can!" June said. Theo pretended to look scared and backed away slowly.

"June?... joking??" he continued backing away until he tripped over the mop that was lying across the floor.

"Oh my gosh Theo!" June cried.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," he replied, throwing his arms into surrender. "You do really love me under that big hard shell."

June pulled her 'i am not amused expression'.

"You guys are so cute together! I ship you already," Saffron giggled.

"No, we're not together!" June and Theo said in unison.