Foreword

This is the unedited sample

This is the unedited sample. If you wish to read the polished version, with NSFW scenes included, please head to my Tapas profile (link in my profile or the in-line comment) to read the shiny new version.

 If you wish to read the polished version, with NSFW scenes included, please head to my Tapas profile (link in my profile or the in-line comment) to read the shiny new version

When you say you don't believe in fairies, a fairy dies. Then you have to clap your hands to bring them back to life. If you don't clap your hands fast enough, well, then it becomes the business of Mr. H. D. Thistle of 167 Oakshot Row.

You blow on the knocker, knock three times, then turn your back to the door.

The world shifts upside down so you can enter.

Once inside, you can view caskets made from woven willow, or you can buy an urn that encourages butterflies to take the remains of your loved one to the other realm, or if you're feeling particularly fancy, you can have your loved one pressed into a rune gem so that their magic will stay with you forever.

Today, I want none of those options.

Today, I'm here to interrogate the man who is mortician to the fairies.

***

Welcome to The Mortician of Avalon.

This is a cosmic horror romance novel that follows Henry Thistle, Mortician of Avalon, and soulmate to Special Agent Jax Hedge. When there's a series of grisly murders, Jax is sent to interrogate Henry as a potential suspect. What neither of them account for is the instant soulbond. Can Jax catch the killer? And what will he do if it turns out to be Henry?