Oneshot|Time Travel

Arthur has been struggling with Tuberculosis and there's been some talk about a man that time travels. I'm going to meet him tonight after Arthur leaves. "Alright y/n I'm going to the bar with Hosea." I kiss his lips, "be careful Arthur." He rides away with his horse and I get on mine. "Come on, let's go girl." I click my tongue and I ride to the location on my map.

There was a cabin on the hill and I slowly approached it. "H-Hello?" I slowly open the door and make my way inside. There was symbols and drawings on a giant piece of paper on the wall. "Wow..."
"Hello you must be y/n." I turn to see a red haired man with a giant birthmark on his right eye. "Yes I'm y/n. You must be Francis." I extend my hand to shake his. "Yes I'm Francis, you're the one that wants to go to the future. Why?" He walks passed my hand and sits against the table. "Well my husband Arthur has TB and I want to know if they have a cure or something to help him. I have money if that's what you want." He strokes his chin, "How much money are you willing to give to give to have your husband survive?"
"Every cent." I assure. "Would your husband do the same for you?" I nod my head, "is this some sort of game?"
"No, not a game at all. I'm just worried that you're not ready to see the future. The future can devastate you or it can make you surprised." Francis walked around me, "Do you have the money?" I take out a handful of cash and hand it to him. "Five thousand dollars, just like you asked." I hand it to him and he glanced at it. He gives it back, "you're going to need this when you get there. There's going to be a small brown bag by a trash can. Change into the clothes and follow the map that's given to you. Don't talk to anyone but the doctors, when you come back knock three times where you came out. Deal?" I nod my head and Francis disappears behind a blue swirling circle. I slowly step in and I was thrown on the ground. "Uhg!" I get up and look for a bag. When I found it, I opened it to see a small shirt and shorts. "What in the world?"

I quickly get dressed and get the map that was in there and exchanged by putting my dress in there. I step out and there was people passing by. I quickly get into cover with the wall and poke my head out slowly. They didn't seem to notice me so I walked out and the world was so different, the wagons had windows and went much faster. A gentleman had a box on his ear, I think he was talking to someone on the box. Was that a telephone? A small kid caught my eye and was watching something on the same box. I was trying to see what he was watching but the mother was crossing the street with the child.

I shake my head and open up my map then I start to follow it. Everything was so new and different, it was distracting. Finally I was at the doctors office and I went in. "Hello, what are you in for?"
"Tuberculosis." She looks up at me with a look. "Okay head down the hall and head up to the fourth floor. I stared at her blankly, what in the world is she talking about? "The elevators are just right there." She smiles hoping I get the hint, I smile and make my way to something called an elevator.

I walked down the hall and there were people getting in a box. When the doors closed they stay closed for a moment. When someone pressed a button the doors opened again and those people disappeared. My mind was racing thinking of what happened to those people. "Ma'am? Do you need to get on the elevator?" A man asked while getting on.

This thing is the elevator?

"Yes." I quickly say then I hesitantly get on. "What floor?" He asked and I clicked the number 4. "Are you new in the city?" I didn't know what to do, I know what Francis said but I didn't want go be rude. "Yes. What about you?" I ask with a smile. "No I've been here my whole life. Where are you from?" I had to make up something, "Here and there never really settled down." The elevator dings and I jump to the ding. "Well this is my stop, see you around." The man looks at me weird and I wave goodbye.

At my stop I get out and head to the lady that was there. "Hello what can I do for you?"
"I'm here to see a doctor about Tuberculosis." Her fingers touch little squares on a... well I couldn't describe what she was touching. She was looking at a big square while she was touching the little squares and it was amazing. I wanted to ask her what this was but I didn't want her to look at me funny. "Okay have a seat and the doctor will be with you shortly."

I sit down and I waited for so long, doctors in the future take forever to get with a patient. "Mrs. Morgan the doctor will see you now." I get up and I head to the back. She escorted me to a room and told me to wait here. More waiting?

"Hello Mrs. Morgan how can I help you today?" The doctor came in with a white coat and glasses with a small portable table with a.. pen? "Well I was wondering if there was a cure for tuberculosis?" The doctor giggles but he could tell I wasn't. He cleared his throat, "Well no there's no cure but there is a treatment. Have you been diagnosed with Tuberculosis?"
"No.. my husband has but he doesn't know I'm here. I was wondering if I could get a treatment for him." The doctor laughs again, I think the doctor has something wrong with him because he always thinks something is funny. "You're serious?" I nod my head, "I have money. Tell me the price and I'll give you the money." The doctor leaves the room and later comes back with 2 bottles. "This is a antibiotic and this is to slow it down." The doctor was telling me what to do for each one and I was jotting it down in my brain. "That'll be nine hundred dollars." I raise my brows and take out my money and give him the amount. "How much could you give me for ten thousand dollars?" The doctor came back with 5 boxes and I gave him the money.

"Before you leave I just want to clarify that we have never done this." I nod my head and walk out with the boxes. I head back, change into my clothes and knock three times on the ground for the blue swirl. It appears and I grab all of the boxes and head into the portal. I was back at Francis's cabin. "Did everything go well?" I nod my head and walk out to my horse. I tie the boxes down the best I could, "you know I hope you got enough supplies because my time is limited." I get on my horse, "I think I got enough, thank you for your help. I appreciate it." With that I take off and head back to the cabin.

Arthur wasn't home yet and I was able to get the boxes ready and wait for him to come home. I heard hoofs hitting the ground and when I looked out it was Arthur. I stood between the boxes excitedly and when the doo swung open Arthur looked confused. "What is that?"
"I'm going to help you get better." I say with a smile on my face.