Day One...

I happened to be like most people my age, I had a nice home, money, a good paying job a wife that loved me and kids that wanted me to be proud.

My name was Benjamin Gorson, Who lived in Mabel a small city where crime rates were through the ceiling. You would have been lucky if you weren't jumped by a couple of muggers on the street.

Today I was ordered in to work a little late after hours. It was already five in the evening and my wife including kids couldn't wait to see their father walk through the door after a long day. "Hey Ben, Could you file a couple of these too?" My boss ordered me, I nodded my head yes because the exhaustion was too much to bare to just say no.

"Yes sir, Right away!" I said letting my eyes leave the screen of the monitor. He walked away and left me in there, No one ever worked the late shifts. So I was alone tonight.

Typing in each key and filing out the papers in the now cold silent room. I decided to unloosen my tie around my neck and sit my pen down for a second but as soon as I do the lights not to far from me flicker.

It did give out that eerie feeling that maybe something was watching me, or maybe someone. "Hello? Is anyone there?" I asked outloud and waited for a response to hit instantly.

Nothing but the air of the AC wind was blowing and the sound of the ice maker making ice for us one who liked to drink sweet tea instead of coffee or tea during breaks.

I hurry and finish my work blocking at any distractions, including sound that could interfere with my work. The sun was falling before I knew it. Evening became night, I called my wife to tell her I would be home late. "Karen? Yeah honey, I'm going to be late for dinner this time but I will be home soon!" She said it would be ok and hung up.

I was glad she could understand, the thought of tiredness and fatigue got to me. I walk over to a restroom to relieve my self and wash my face.

Walking ever so steadily to the restroom it happened to be under construction and was being fixed. The only bathroom close was the one on college campus next door, They probably wouldn't mind but it was far. I run out and over there, It seemed a bit more terrifying considering it was a little dark out.

Once I reach the restroom I do my thing, and after I'm done I wash my hands. Checking the mirror just in case there had seem to be anything wrong. My wife had called me to discuss a couple of things so I set my phone on the paper toweler disposal as we talked for a couple minutes.

When we were done I told her I loved her and she told me she loved me back. That's when my phone fell into a sudden doom, falling into the trashcan. I mutter a forbidden word underneath my breath as I reach into the trashcan searching with only my hand for my phone.

I felt a couple of napkins, perhaps gun, and a feeling unforgettable. A slight prick to the top of finger burning. There happened to be an unknown syringe in the trashcan that had the words DM-V6 written onto it.

I've never heard of any medicine like that, I pull the syringe out. Tip the trashcan over and finally found my phone but my hand was whole different story. It didn't look like it did any real damage, but it is soon to cause some type of problem sooner or later.