Under The Mistletoe

Zoe's POV

As I run into Mia's yard, I see that the party has ended and everyone has gone home. I sit down on a bench, feeling defeated. There is no way Pin would wait for me this long.
"Took you long enough." I whirl around and see Pin standing there.
" I'm so sorry Pin, I had to go after Gabby. " I tell Pin, truly sorry for leaving him, especially since he has just gotten back.
"It's okay, Mia explained everything." I sigh in relief, he isn't mad.
" I really missed you. " I tell Pin, walking over to where he is standing.
"I did too, and I'm really sorry for not texting or calling you more." He says.
"Why didn't you?" I ask him wanting to know the answer, but afraid at the same time.
"I guess I was just scared that you would change your mind about me while I was gone." he says, looking nervous for my answer.
"Why would I ever change my mind?" I ask, taking his hand.
"This duke this is just so weird, I didn't want it to change things between us."
" That could never happen. " I reassure him. "And if it makes you feel better, I was scared too."
" Why? " He asks, sounding concerned.
"I was worried you would see so many amazing places, that you wouldn't want to come home."
" That could never happen. " Pin says, echoing me.
"I love you Pin."
" I love you Zoe. "
We look up and see that we are under the mistletoe. I lean in and we kiss. Pin is finally home, and I have nothing to worry about. We have each other, and nothing can ever change that.

Pin's POV

I stand there, under the mistletoe, for an hour, waiting for Zoe to return. I refuse to go inside even though I was starting to get cold. The party had ended half an hour ago, but I still waited. Eventually, I saw Zoe run in the yard. she takes a quick look around, I can tell she doesn't see me because a minute later she sits down on a bench, looking defeated.
"Took you long enough." I say jokingly. Zoe turns around and sees me, relief written all over her face.
"I'm so sorry Pin, I had to go after Gabby." Zoe says, and I can tell she is worried I will be mad.
" It's okay, Mia explained everything. " I reassure her, and Zoe sighs in relief.
"I missed you." Zoe says to me, I know she means it. It looks like she isn't mad at me for lack of contact as I had feared. She walks over to me and I say,
" I did too, and I'm really sorry for not texting or calling you more. "
"Why didn't you?" Zoe asks me, sounding afraid for the answer.
" I guess I was just scared that you would change your mind about me while I was gone. " I say, nervous for her answer. What if she had changed her mind?
"Why would I ever change my mind?" She asks, taking my hand. I sigh in relief.
" This whole duke thing is just so weird, I didn't want it to change things between us. " I say.
"That could never happen." Zoe says, reassuring me. " And if it makes you feel better, I was scared too. "
"Why?" I ask, scared. What was Zoe scared about?
"I was worried you would see so many amazing places, that you wouldn't want to come home."
"That could never happen." I say, echoing her.
" I love you Pin. " she says.
"I love you Zoe." We both look up and see that we are standing under the mistletoe. I lean in, and we kiss. I am finally back where I belong, with Zoe, I have nothing to worry about. We have each other, and nothing can ever change that.

Author's Note

Hi! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter, the next one will be Christmas day! I am also hoping to put in a New Years eve chapter before I do one based on the Valentine's day special. Who else is super excited for Free Rein season 3 to come out?!?!?!?!?!? I know I am!!!!! It's supposed to come out sometime this summer!!!!! Please vote and comment, and thank you all so much for almost 140 reads!!! This means everything to me, thank you!

- Olivia