The dance

I waited with passion in my blood. I waited for her. "Hey, Charlie!" She shouted "Hi Myra!" I squealed. All I could think is that I wanted Myra to be my girlfriend. She walked away spotting some other friends across the gymnasium floor. Space time and a suspicious effort of smoothness. I walked up to her. My heels clicking as I went. My forehead leaked with perspiration. I took a deep breath and tapped on her shoulder. At that moment she was turned to talking to another friend. As she turned around I saw her hair flick off her shoulder. "Yea?" She said. I gulped the nervousness down my throat. It felt like no time had passed but it also felt like it had been years since I really saw who she truly was. I could feel everything I've ever felt. Every memory with her. Every memory with her. "Will you-" I took a shaky inhale. I knew I had to say it now. I already started my sentence I had to finish it."will you be my official girlfriend?" I whispered. My heart was beating so hard I thought it was going to Leap out of my chest. Waiting for her response was like 1 million years. Though I knew her response would be worth it somewhere in my heart I knew that she had free will and it could be a no. I needed it to be yes. It will be yes.