Chapter 1

It was a radiant day in Davmos city. Shining sun and singing birds, jolly crowds and scents of desserts. On the main road made of cobble and stone bricks, there were hundreds upon hundreds of shops. Shops selling goods like freshly baked bread and cherry pot pies, fresh picked berries and old fermented wine and whiskey. There were all kinds of people from all across the lands. Some were tall and others short. Some had beards both short and long. But there was one peculiar figure. She wore a gray and cyan cloak, she had long, luscious brown hair that curled a bit near the ends. She had deep green emerald eyes and a set of soft lips that had a pinkish tint to them. She had a small refined nose and clean cheeks, free of any trace of freckles.

How much would that be?” Said the young girl
An older woman, smiling, replied with “43 Kolse”
The young girl took out one silver coin with a triangle hole in the center from a small brown pouch “Here's one Musmu”
The lady took the coin and put it in a box and gave back three round copper coins with a triangle hole in the center.
The copper coins were called ‘kolse’ while the silver ones were called ‘musmus’. Kolse had the lowest currency value representing 1. Musmus represented 50 individual kolse coins. There were other types of currencies with separate values as well. 1 gapro equaled 500 sompos. Gapros were emerald coins, each crafted by hand very carefully. Only a handful of emerald coins were made. 1 sompo held the currency of 50 musmus. Sompos were gold coins and common amongst wealthy citizens and high standing soldiers and officers. There was a bronze coin called a kerpa which had the currency of 25 kolse. Brass coins were called dentus and had the value of 15 kolse.
Zinc coins were called rindes which were worth 10 kolse. And a huntu was equal to 5 kolse.
“Thank you ma’am” Said the girl, taking the bread and walking away. The young girl looked at the bread and smelled it “Mmmm, so fresh” As she was about to take a bite out of it. A man with a scruffy face ran by and snatched it from her hands. “Hey!” Screamed the girl and chased after him, but she was too slow. As she was about to give up she saw the man trip and land, she walked over to the thief on the ground to see him with a bloody nose “I guess you got what you deserved you filthy thief” She looked at the ground for a moment searching for the baked good but it was nowhere to be found. She frowned and turned around, walking away
“Hey, you missing this?” Said a strange voice behind her. She turned around to see a young boy with chestnut brown hair down to his neck, he had dark brown eyes with a set of pinkish lips, much like hers. He had a small cultivated nose and a clean freckle free face. He wore a medieval black trench coat that had a hood, but he didn't wear it. He was holding out some bread and the girl gasped
“Thank alko i crossed paths with you” Said the girl
The boy smiled and responded with “Well it was just coincidence”
The girl giggled lightly and took the bread “My names lena” Said the girl “Whats yours?”
The boy smirked a bit slowly backing towards the corner of the wall and said “No one important” before disappearing out of sight. Lena walked to the corner “Can i at least pay you ba-”
He was gone, her face went blank as she looked around for him but it was no use. She sighed “Well, at least he gave me back my bread” she said before taking a bite of the bread and began walking down the road in the crowd of people. She walked about 19-20 houses. Each house was different. Some had green paints and other yellow, some were purple, and others blue. The windows on each house was different, some were tinted a red, pink, or lime color. But most were clear. Lena kept walking and came across an inn
‘The silver devil inn’ read a sight in front, lena went to the door and opened it. She walked in and saw the usual items. A counter, a large room to the right and a set of stairs on the left. At the counter was a blonde woman with blue eyes wearing a long green dress that  made her bust show. On her right was a pot with a plant. The plant was an amazing green color that made the room look all that much more nice despite its scruffy condition.
“Good afternoon miss Gorelance” said a lady at the counter.
Lena smiled and said “Please, like i have said before, jessie, call me Lena”. The woman at the counter chuckled a bit “Sorry, force of habit. Why are you here so early?” asked Jessie
“I just felt tired” responded lena
“Well, dinner at 8:30” said jessie “Okay” responded lena.
Lena turned around and walked towards the stairs. She placed her hand on the smooth railing that was once rough, but smoothed out with use of many, and began to climb the spruce wood stairs. To her left were shelves inside the walls containing stones and plants. When she reached the top of the stairs she saw a painting, a very bright painting with a mixture of light and dark colors. The painting illustrated a field with tall orange grass on the left that slowly faded to a yellow down the center and ending on a light rosy red on the right. The sky in the painting was also fading from an orange tint to a purple shade in the center and ending in a dark navy blue on the right. Shiny white specks were scattered on the top of the painting resembling the night sky stars. “Who knew art could be so beautiful” Said jessie, coming up the stairs “You been there for 45 minutes”
Lena was shocked, “R-really?” She asked, hoping jessie was joking. “Yes, if you stare any longer, you’ll burn a hole right through it” said jessie as she chuckled “Um, jessie?”
‘Yes, love?” said jessie in a motherly tone of voice “I think i’ll skip dinner tonight” mumbled lena
“Why is that?” jessie sounded a bit worried
“I'm just not feeling hungry tonight” Replied lena
“Well… Alrighty then, i'll leave something out in case you get a little hungry or maybe would like a late night snack” Said jessie as she gently rubbed lenas arm.
“Thanks jessie, i'm glad my parents chose you to watch over me…” Said lena with a smile. Jessie's eyes turned to the painting “Well, it’s king and queens orders anyways” said jessie as she walked back down the stairs. Lena watched her walk down, and when she turned the corner, lena let go of her tense form. Drooping her arms and slumping her back, she walked to her door, opened it with the key jessie gave her, stepped inside, and closed the door behind her.
She looked around the room and saw a bed, a dresser, a small window above the dresser, a small table in the center of the room with a black, red, and navy green carpet under it, and a lantern sitting in the center of the table “Home sweet home… i guess. It’s been a long day, i should get some sleep” Lena walked to the dresser and got undressed. She took out a white nightgown that appeared gray or silver in the dark. Lena walked over to her bed, lifted the covers, and got under them. “Good night mother… Good night father...” She said while looking at a small crown sitting on the table. She closed her eyes and felt herself drift off to sleep. All Thoughts leaving her mind, having the peaceful darkness around her consume her as she finally slept in her bed.