I just wanna make you feel okay

Stephen groans internally as he walks into work the next morning.

"Stephen!"

Upon hearing the harsh whispers from the geordie man, Stephen wants to slam his head against the nearest wall.

"Stephen," Dec continues, softer this time, noticing the taller mans upset demeanor.

"What do you want Dec," Stephen rubs his temples as he turns around sharply, causing Dec to nearly run into him.

"Can we talk about yesterday," Dec is anxious to learn more about Stephen's apparent crush on his best friend.

"No."

Stephen continues walking as he hears the shorter mans frantic footsteps behind him.

"Just leave me alone Declan," He groans and rolls his eyes as Dec pulls him into a room.

"Come on man, spill it. How long have you loved him for?"

"Couple years," Stephen bites his lip.

"WHAT? How have you not said anything by now?"

"Because I just want him to be happy. And he has seems that way, in a relationship or not. I don't care if him being happy means that we're not together like that. Doesn't mean I don't want us too, but we don't have to be."

Dec frowns at the taller man. He has no idea, Dec sighs to himself.

"Look Dec, can we just not talk about this? I don't need a negative attitude for today," Stephen doesn't let the man answer, he leaves the room and continues walking down the hall.

For the rest of the day, Stephen tries blocking all thoughts of Ant from his mind, hoping to actually get some work done, but now he's focused fully on a photo of Ant on his desk. The photo was taken only a few days ago, picturing Ant, Dec, Stephen, and Ali, who had all gone out for the day to have a good time.

Stephen lays his head in his hands. To anyone who didn't know better, Ant and Stephen may have looked like a couple. Having Dec and Ali right next to them further solidified the possibility, as Dec was holding Ali by the waste and kissing her cheek. It could've seemed as if they had gone on a short double date.

His thoughts were interrupted however, when the woman herself knocked and entered the room and sat down in front of him.

"Dec told me you were upset and I decided to come talk to you for a bit. You know, to cheer you up," Ali's warm smile already had Stephen cheering up. The woman was good at altering people's moods, no wonder Dec fell in love with her.

"He didn't tell you anything else did he?"

"Well, yes he did, but we aren't going to focus on that since it seems to be what's upsetting you," Stephen groaned once more as he lowered his head to the table.

"Come on Stephen," Ali rolled her eyes, "you're being stupid. We're adults, not little kids with childish crushes. Just talk to him, you never know what might come of it."

With that Ali stood and walked out. Stephen scoffed. What a talk that was, he thought as he leaned back in his chair.

His door was knocked on once again, as the other half of their relationship walked in. "Ant invited the three of us out for dinner. I told him Ali and I couldn't go since we have plans of our own, and he still wants you to go out with him. Don't screw this up Stevie."

"Wow, that's definitely not making me ten times more panicked," Stephen chuckled as Dec rolled his eyes.

"Come on man, you heard what Ali said. Just talk to him. It won't turn out that bad," Dec definitely seemed like he was hiding something, but Stephen could just be getting his hopes up.

"Whatever you say."