Prologue

I remember when I was younger, before I found out I had a Quirk, I saw things no one else did. Sound had color. I later found out I had something called Synesthesia. I found it fascinating. Every sound would light up before my eyes, but there were times when I would get into a lot of trouble. I would run around, chasing after them and having the time of my life. But my parents and those around my family started to worry the older I got.

"I'm worry about Miss Avryll. She's always chasing after things that aren't there. Is she... not all 'there'."

A family friend of ours hesitantly asked me father. I would often hear these kinds of words. They clam to care, to be concerned, but I know they're lying. They were just looking for something to use against my father in the future.

"THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH AVRYLL!!! We believe that her Quirk just developed early and we just don't know what it is yet. If you start spreading rumors about my daughter or my family, I'll ruin you. Got it?"

My father was always overprotective of the family, but ever since my Synesthesia was made public I was made his top priority to protect. I didn't want to make trouble for my father or my family. So, at the age of six, I made a decision.

"I didn't mean anything by it sir. Sorry for what I said. I'll be leaving now."

As our gust made their exit, they noticed me standing next to the entryway. Panic seemed to sink in. There was another rumor about me, one that I was ashamed of. I had quite a temper, and it mostly had to do with situations like these. People running their mouths, thinking that they know everything about my family.

"Miss Avryll!? Have you...? I just.... I didn't mean...."

"I know that you didn't mean anything by it mister. You just need to learn how to keep that arrogant mouth of yours shut about things you have no clue about."

With my warning fresh on mind and a devilish smile on my face, I went to talk to my father .

"Papa, can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sure. What do you want to talk about?"

"There's something that I want to do. I think it will with my 'condition'."

"Honey, there's nothing wrong with you. No matter what anyone else says."

"Thanks papa."

"Now, what is it that you need to talk to me about?"

"Well..."

After that day, I took up the violin, using my Synesthesia to my advantage. Shortly after, my Quirk finally manifested, four years late, but it finally did. Sound Wave Manipulation, a perfect Quirk for me. As the years went by, I became well known to the public, in both my violin playing and my Quirk. When it came time for High School, there were many who wanted me to apply to their school, but the school I picked was Chanson de Victoire Performing Arts Academy for Young Heroes. I quickly became a top talent at the school, and because of that I got a letter that would change my life and my path of becoming a Pro Hero.

"Avryll Durand... please report to the Dean's office! I repeat.... Avryll Durand... please report to the Dean's office!"