A Drawing with Me

Here's Astrid's POV I hope you guys like it

Astrid's POV

Another year passed, Berk has been living in a peaceful harmony for five years. No raids, no dragons, no trouble. It's less exciting to be honest but we did not waste our to train. You never know what or who'll attack next.

It has also been a few months after Trader Johan had step foot on Berk to bring us fresh weapons and stuff. Not to mention he brought us news about a man helping sort out dragon raids and Hiccup's whereabouts.

Hiccup.....

It's been five years since he left. I don't know why I should pity him, maybe because he's weak......Or maybe because he does not belong to any of us. I'm not like the others, I don't tease him just ignoring him. Yes I know he had caused a lot of trouble in Berk but why do I have to say bad things about him.

The first time I met Hiccup he was small, shy even. I thought there was something wrong with him because he was different, much different than his father. Somehow when I looked at his eyes he seemed so.....unique.

Back at the forge when we where still twelve, us teens were forced to carry battle axe and swords to get ready for training once we hit the age of fourteen. Hiccup, by the way, was assigned at the forge by his father and Gobber. I feel sorry for him he can't join us but I think it was for the best. One time I needed my axe sharpened before training, I was hoping Gobber could make a little adjustments. It was Hiccup who I saw. I knew I had no other choice but to let him do the work.

"You're axe seems to be loose or something" that was the first time I heard him talk to me.

"Yeah....it's been like that since I used it in training"

"Hmm let's see what I could do"

That time I waited for my axe to be fixed and sharpen. I explored the forge, this was my first time to have a peek without Gobber in it. I noticed a door way covered by a curtain, I open it and there I saw papers.....everywhere! On the desk, on the wall, some scattered on the floor almost everywhere were papers with weird drawings.

"Wow Gobber's been busy all along"

"Woah woah I-I won't go t-there if I were you"

I gave him a curious look. "Why not?"

"Cuz it's messy and I little private-"

"I could see that, it's not like I wanted to linger Gobber's stuff-"

"Mine actually" He cut me off and I was dumbfounded. So I asked "Those drawings were all yours?"

There were silence for a few seconds till he nodded.

As he was done I was a bit surprised myself, he adjusted the blade to make it tight enough so the blade won't fall off the pole. He also made a comfy handle for me to have a good grip. The blade was really sharpened alright till I noticed it was polished too.

"Ok here you go......just made a few twicks on it for good measures"

I smiled as he handed the axe to me "thanks". What lighten me up was that loopsided grin he had on his face as a response . "Y-y-your welcome" he stuttred. I knew he was gonna say something but the gang were out there looking for me, so I left in there air hanging on to what he was suppose to say.

That was the first decent conversation I had with him before he started causing trouble with his inventions. To me it wasn't bad at all, I mean they were good, bad luck never leaves his side though. I wanted to complement but I was afraid people would judge me for siding up to who are wrong, they expected better of me. That's when I started to ignore it already. There were days he wanted to have a conversation with me, I wanted to but my pride just couldn't I wanted to keep my status. Maybe those were the days he grew a crush on me and I hurt his feelings for ignoring him. And I think he did the same for me.