i. lab partners

❝ Is Peter Parker asking for my number? ❞

Is Peter Parker asking for my number?

T-that's not what I meant! 

Peter Parker was absolutely smitten by the green eyed Axel Davis, from the way his nose scrunched up whenever he laughed in a particular way right down to the way he always went out of his way to make others feel comfortable.

He admired every little thing about the boy. But, he could only admire him from afar, always to shy or flustered to go up and talk to the blond.

That's what the brunet was currently doing, sitting in biology with his chin in his hand, gaze fixated on the blessing that was Axel Davis. He barely overheard the teacher as she spoke, but suddenly everyone was moving in opposite directions and Peter found himself sitting by himself at his desk while everyone else partnered up.

The brunet let out a soft sigh, glancing down at his composition notebook that laid on the desk, filled halfway with notes and aimless scribbles. His teeth grazed over his bottom lip, trying to listen in on other's conversations to see what exactly the teacher had assigned.

"Hey, Peter?"

A familar male voice broke the young spiderling out of his trance, making his head lift up to meet the green eyes of none other than Axel Davis.

"You wanna work together?" the blond questioned, arching a brow as a small grin tugged up at his lips.

That very question made Peter blink, a feeling of whiplash cascading over his body, making him feel like all his blood had been replaced with sparklers. It took him a few seconds to realise that the warning sirens in his head was just the sound of his heart pummeling against his ribcage.

"Uhm, yeah, sure!"

Axel's response was a half smile, somewhere between a smirk and a grin, and Peter felt his teeth graze over his bottom lip to pull it back. The dark haired teen blinked as the blond took a seat beside him on the wooden stool, positioning himself so one foot balanced on the middle bar, the other dangling down. Peter found himself taking notice of the small stars and hearts scribbled on to the whites of Axel's Converse hightops, something rather adorable. It was something so small that you wouldn't notice unless you looked close enough, and Peter didn't realise he had been staring until Axel coughed awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah, sorry." the brunet muttered out, glancing back at his notes, anxiously tapping the pink eraser of his wooden pencil against his thigh.

Axel chuckled slightly, "It's fine, Pete. Let's start on the project, hm?"

"Yeah.. project," Peter glanced back over to the male, "What exactly was the project? I was... zoned out."

"Zoned out, huh?" Axel remarked, eyebrows rose and Peter nearly choked on his own breath.

"Okay, basically we have to do a project that involves what we learned from this unit. So, bacteria mostly is what we talked about so I think it'd just be easier to do something on that." the blond continued, Peter leaning forward his seat a bit as if he was hanging on to every word Axel said.

"Yeah.. yeah! That sounds good!" Peter blurted out almost instantly after, causing Axel to let out the same laugh that had caused Peter to fall for him.

The sound was deep, but also lighthearted. If Peter were to describe what heaven sounded like, the first thought appearing in his head wouldn't be angels singing and bells ringing. No, it would be the enlightened laugh of the blond teen in his biology class.

"Alright, sounds good, Pete." Axel spoke through his laughter.

"Okay! Alright! Uhm.. so, could I have your number.. so we can talk about the project?"

Axel's eyebrows rose simultaneously, an amused breath leaving his nose, causing it to crinkle a bit in the process.

"Is Peter Parker asking for my number?" he queried, lips pulling up in to a questioning smirk.

Those seven words caused all the blood to rush to the young brunet's cheeks, visible on his paler skin. Once again, his pulse skyrocketed and he found himself sputtering.

"T-that's not what I meant!"

Axel's eyes crinkled by the edges as an immense grin pulled up at his lips, only making Peter more anxious. He nearly flinched as the blonde grabbed his wrist gently and clicked open one of the pens that Peter had aimlessly scattered on the black tabletop.

Ink met the brunet's hand and he felt his breath hitch as the boy scribbled out ten numbers, adding in a small heart at the top before clicking the pen close and glancing down at his work.

The shrill voice of the bell announcing the end of class initiated Axel to let go of Peter's wrist, standing up and gathering his things.

"Call me." he chided to the brunet, bringing his hand, shaped to mimic a phone, up to his ear and shaking it a bit.

A smile was plastered across his face. That damn smile.

"I-I will!" Peter called back, watching the teen leave the classroom and disappear in to the sea of students before glancing back down at his hand with a small grin.