-- not ready to let go --

Dear Bangtan Sonyeondan,

You may not know I exist, you may not have met the pair of eyes that watched you from afar on the night of May 4, but even though we're 5625 miles apart, "Under the same moonlight, our hearts are forever one". At least, I want you to know, I, along with many others, we love you forever. On the day of June 13, 2013, somebody blessed us with the perfect hearts and souls of seven young boys. They gave us a flawless performance on stage, but behind, nobody knew how hard they worked. In their debut days, especially because they came from a small company, they had nothing. The days they were struggling? The days they didn't have enough to eat? When they had to squeeze themselves into one tiny dorm? Don't worry, Bangtan, the seven of you together, with hopeful hearts, surpassed the dreams you once had. When you could only watch the other idols receive awards, you've now become the ones others watch. And still, every time, you give us more, you give the world more, you become more.

I want you to know, that the seven of you, you held the key to the locked gates of my heart. You've taught me to put down my facade, to be myself. Not only that but to love myself as who I am. You've taught me to be fearless of what others think, but one day, I know, that you'll be taken away from me. That day, when BTS, the boys who have taught me to fear nothing, that day when you disband, that is my greatest fear of all. We only have 7 years left, that day when news articles headline "BTS disbands after creating world history", your posters will fall off my wall, as so will my tears. But for now, we can only live in the moment. I don't want this moment to ever end, I want to stop time, but I know I can't and I'm not ready to let go yet. I don't know what I have done to deserve all your hard work, but the only thing I can do is never stop supporting you. Trust me, I'll be there until the end, a promise that I'll make on my life, I'll be there until the end. It's all somebody like me can do. I'll never forget the past, yet I'll always anticipate the future. Never will I take your music, your performance, the wings you've given me, for granted. You need ARMY, but can't you see you reckless crack heads, we need you more.

It's your sixth anniversary now. It took a while, but I hope you know that you've reached the sky, you've stolen the hearts of many. With the world beneath your feet, you can make anybody believe you're successful. The 13 hours of dance practice, singing and rapping without sleep, you did this for a long time. And still, you continue to work hard, you continue to set your own goals, as the world cannot set them anymore. Really, the people that make us laugh, that give us strength through their powerful handwritten lyrics, you deserve the world. The awards that you receive, they can't ever determine your success, even though you've received many. I hope you know, how much you are loved, how much people appreciate you for your dedication. And maybe one day, you'll be ready to let go of this, maybe you'll finally be able to stop yourselves from working so hard, but don't forget this time, don't forget the echo of the voices of thousands of ARMYs singing with you. Don't forget, the love, the happiness, the path we walked on together and most importantly, don't forget each other.

There will be a day that I'll forget your music, I'll forget the choreography, the pieces of your concert slipping away, all these things I'm not ready to let go, your posters slipping off my walls, but one thing I know I'll never forget is the impact you've had on me. Discovering you will always be the most beautiful moment in my life.

Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook,

We love you! Bangtan Forever. 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜