Gryffindor vs. Slytherin

Ever since Lockhart brought pixies to class, he had started to act out his "adventures" with Harry. Harry had to play various beasts and monsters, while Lockhart defeated him in different ways. Amie only put up with his lessons because she wanted good grades, otherwise she would have told him how disasterous he was at teaching, and left. The next Defence lesson they had, Lockhart wanted Harry to play a werewolf. Amie could see he didn't want to do it, but he did anyways because Lockhart had to sign the note they needed to get Moste Potente Potions. Finally the lesson was over.
"Homework - compose a poem of my defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf! Signed copies of Magical Me to the author of the best one!" Lockhart yelled over the noise of the class getting out of their seats. Harry walked up to Amie and the others while the rest of the class left.
"Ready?" he asked.
"Wait till everyone's gone." Hermione said, looking around nervously. "All right..."
Hermione walked up to Lockharts desk, clutching the note in her hand. Amie, Harry and Ron followed.
"Er - Professor Lockhart?" Hermione stuttered. "I wanted to - to get this book out of the library. Just for backround reading." she held the note out to Lockhart. "But the thing is, it's in the Restricted Section of the library, so I need a teacher to sign for it - I'm sure it would help me understand what you say in Gadding with Ghouls about slow-acting venoms -"
"Ah, Gadding with Ghouls!" Lockhart said, taking the note from Hermione. "Possibly my very favourite book! You enjoyed it?"
"Oh, yes," Hermione said eagerly. "So clever, the way you trapped that last one with the tea-strainer-"
"Well, I'm sure no one will mind me giving the best student of the year a little extra help." Lockhart beamed at Hermione, while pulling out a big peacock quill.
"Yes, nice, isn't it?" he said to Ron, missreading his disgusted face as an impressed one. "I usually save it for book-signings."
He signed the note in a loopy writing, and handed Hermione it back.
"So, Harry." Lockhart said. "Tomorrow's the first Quidditch match of the season, I believe? Gryffindor against Slytherin, is it not? I hear you're a useful player. I was a seeker, too. I was asked to try for the National Squad, but preferred to dedicate my life to the eradication of the Dark Forces. Still, if ever you feel the need for a little private training, don't hesitate to ask. Always happy to pass on my expertise to less able players..."
Harry made some sound in his throat, and then he left, Amie following closely behind. Hermione and Ron were ahead of them.
"I can't believe him! If he was that good of a Quidditch player, I'll sell my broom!" Amie said.
They hurried up to Hermione and Ron.
"I don't believe it." Harry said, while they looked at the note Lockhart signed. "He didn't even look at the book we wanted."
"That's because he's a brainless git." Ron said. "But who cares, we've got what we wanted."
"He is not a brainless git." Hermione said.
"Yes, he is, Hermione." Amie said, and high-fived Ron.
"Yeah, just because he said you were the best student of the year..."
They had reached the library, so they dropped their voices. They walked up to the librarian Madam Pince, and showed her the note.
"Moste Potente Potions?" she asked, while trying to take the note from Hermione, but she wouldn't let go of it. Amie snorted loudly, earning her a glare from Madam Pince.
"I was wondering if I could keep it." Hermione said.
"Oh, come on." Ron said, grabbed the note, and gave it to Madam Pince. "We'll get you another autograph. Lockhart'll sign anything if it stands still long enough."
Amie beamed at him, and they high-fived again. Madam Pince held up the note towards the light as if looking for a forgery, and then she left. She came back minutes later with a big moldy book, which Hermione put in her bag, and they left. 

Hermione had come to the conclusion that Moaning Myrtle's toilet was the best place to brew the potion, so five minutes later they were sitting on the floor of the bathroom, looking inside the book. The potions all looked very difficult to make, and all had horrible effects.
"Here it is." Hermione said when she found the right page. "This is the most complicated potion I've ever seen. Lacewing flies, leeches, fluxweed and knotgrass. Well, they're easy enough, they're in the student store-cupboard, we can help ourselves... Oooh, look, powdered horn of a bicorn-don't know how we're going to get that-shredded skin of boomslang-that'll be tricky, too, and of course a bit of whoever we want to change into."
"Excuse me?" Ron interrupted. "What d'you mean, a bit of whoever we're changing into? I'm drinking nothing with Crabbe's toenails in it-"
Amie wanted to laugh at the horror on his face, but Hermione continued.
"We don't have to worry about that yet, though, because we add those bits last..."
"D'you realize how much we're going to steal, Hermione? Shredded skin of boomslang, that's definitely not in the students' cupboard. What're we going to do, break into Snape's private stores? I don't know if this is a good idea..."
Harry had said the wrong thing, Amie could see anger flashing in Hermione's eyes. She snapped the book shut harshly.
"Well, if you're going to chicken out, fine. I don't want to break rules, you know. I think threatening Muggle-borns is far worse than brewing up a difficult potion. But if you don't want to find out if it's Malfoy, I'll go straight to Madam Pince now and hand the book back in." Hermione said.
"I never thought I'd see the day when you'd be persuading us to break rules. All right, we'll do it. But no toe-nails, okay?" Ron said. Hermione opened the book again.
"How long will it take to make, anyway?" Harry asked.
"Well, since the fluxweed has got to be picked at the full moon and the lacewings have got to be stewed for twenty-one days... I'd say it'd be ready in about a month, if we can get all the ingredients."
"A month?" Ron gasped. "Malfoy could have attacked half the Muggle-borns in the school by then!" Hermione's eyes narrowed, making Ron shrink back a little out of fear. "But it's the best plan we've got, so full steam ahead, I say."
They left the bathroom and went back to Gryffindor tower.