Oneshot

Jiwoo looked at the photo of her target, and then through the scope of her rifle. This time, she was supposed to murder painfully some sort of singer - It had been a while since she watched any sort of musical programme, so Jiwoo was really unaware of who was who -, as per the request someone had put. The order had been simple: shoot his knees, and then go for the femoral artery. Simple day at work.

She adjusted herself better on the cold, hard ground of the parking lot, humming along the little radio she had brought along to keep her company. Through the scope, she could see the multitude of fansites gathering around, the flashes of cameras all going off slightly making it hard to see, but that was alright. Jiwoo liked it when things were hard.

She fingered the trigger of the gun, slowly watching as whoever the hell it was approached slowly, like he had all the world in his hands. Well, not for long, if depended on her. Jiwoo pulled the trigger once, hitting the back of his knee when he turned a corner, and adjusted the scope as fast as possible to hit him in the right leg, distant screaming filling her ears.

Smiling to herself, Jiwoo quickly disassembled her rifle and stuck it back in its bag, rolling out of the floor and turning off the little radio as she dusted herself. She wasn't sure why this place had no cameras, but she hoped they wouldn't put them up after this. She started to run, molding her face into a panic, fleeing downstairs by the elevator, cramming herself in with another three people that were inside there, and more came in with every floor.

She could hear the people being nervous around her, chatting and trying to discover what the hell had happened. Jiwoo joined in, faking anxiety, and all but ran with the stampede that followed when the elevator arrived on the ground floor. There were cops around, trying to do their job, but Jiwoo was busy, running with the panicked crowd.

Jiwoo slipped in an alley, jumped a fence, and walked home, aware that, probably, all metro stations would be closed off and all buses stopped, as so the sniper wouldn't be able to run away. Too bad they hadn't thought yet about closing off the radius, though, or the back alleys. Dumb on their part, if Jiwoo was honest, but it allowed her to slip into an open metro station and go back home.

Opening the door to her flat, she was met with Jungeun, who was writing on her old typewriter. Jiwoo didn't know why Jungeun preferred that old thing to a computer, but everyone had their preferred method of work: Jiwoo was sniping people, and Jungeun was typing in the old typewriter.

"Hey, babe!" She greeted, cheery, setting her bag down. Jungeun looked up, smiling when she saw Jiwoo. "Have you heard?"

"Can't say I have." Jungeun replied, rising up and stretching. "What's happening?"

Jungeun sat down in their dingy couch, and Jiwoo grinned at her, joining by her side, looking for the remote in the cushions.

"Someone shot a minor celebrity or another? Who knows? Anyway, remember that shooting scene in your book you told me about?" Ah, there it was. Fishing the remote out, she turned on the television, where a special newscast was happening about the "mysterious" shooting that had happened.

Jungeun wasn't paying attention, though, busy with playing with Jiwoo's hair. She was braiding it out, which meant she had hit yet another wall in writing.

"Yeah?" The rhythm Jungeun established was making Jiwoo relax. She probably reeked of gunpowder, but lucky for her, Jungeun had a terrible sense of smell. Leaning into Jungeun, she giggled when the blonde hissed, kissing her softly.

"I've asked around the Criminology majors, and they said it was pretty realistic, although they recommend that your protagonist shoot the guy in the hands or feet, rather than in the leg." A pause, as if she was trying to remember what the false people she had just invented had said. "In the leg you can hit like, some sort of artery? And it'll make him die really fast."