Chapter Fifteen

Max

I awoke slowly, feeling comfortable and...happy.

Maybe happy...I wasn't quite sure. It was an odd feeling and it could've been something else entirely.

I shouldn't be happy in a place like this.

I sighed, turning over in bed to see that Aleksander was sitting at the table, looking to be absorbed in whatever he was reading on his phone.

I just watched him for a few moments, wondering where I had gone wrong.

I had let this man fuck me twice now and it was among the best sexual experiences I'd had in my entire life.

I knew it was wrong—the way I was beginning to feel about him.

As he began typing out a reply, I vowed to myself that no matter what happened—no matter how I ended up feeling about him—I would get away when I had the chance.

After he finished typing on his phone, he finally looked up at me.

"Good morning, Kitten," he said. There was no smile on his face but he wasn't frowning either. "Merry Christmas," he added.

I gasped suddenly, immediately getting excited at the reminder that it was Christmas.

I jumped out of bed, completely forgetting that I was naked.

But in that moment I didn't care.

I may have let out a little squeal.

I wanted to rush over and give Aleksander a hug, but I quickly remembered that he didn't like to be touched often—only when it was on his terms.

I wondered what had happened to make him like that. What kind of childhood had he had? Was it like mine?...Worse than mine?

I kneeled at his feet, trying to contain my excitement.

"Merry Christmas, Master," I said, not being able to hold back a smile.

He watched me for a long moment.

Before, I would have averted my gaze, but now I just looked back into his grey eyes. I knew the smile on my face still hadn't left and I wasn't sure that it would for the whole day.

I wasn't quite sure what had me so excited about celebrating Christmas here. There should have been a voice in my head telling me how crazy I was for being excited. But there wasn't. And all I was left with was a feeling of hope.

I somehow knew today was going to be good.

Even if it wasn't a traditional Christmas, it was perfectly fine. I had never really had a traditional Christmas anyway.

"Are you hungry?" He finally asked.

"Yes, Master," I said softly. "May I have some food?"

He nodded and that's when I noticed that I was not having my normal toast and eggs for breakfast.

Aleksander picked up something that looked like a donut and handed it over to me. "It's going to be messy, so I'd rather you just ate it yourself."

I took the donut from him and smiled giddily. "Thank you."

He nodded, looking serious.

I took a bite of it and my mouth filled with delicious dough and a sweet cream filling.

"Oh my god," I mumbled with a full mouth.

"Chew your food," Aleksander said stuffily.

I blushed and nodded, chewing and swallowing before I said anything else.