Beach Boy

Unedited 

The Prince of the Trainer's School and the sole Captain of Meleemelee. He's just so... perfect. You couldn't help but feel drawn to him and his whole perfection. You were sitting on the beach with your two Pokémon partners: Cleffa and Slowpoke. Pink is beautiful after all. But no Pokémon best friends would ne complete without nicknames. Sorry Reader, but this author will choose the best name on your behalf. The Slowpoke is definately Boris. What good is an adorable little Slowpoke if they aren't named Boris? The Cleffa is named Freckles because 🎶Freckles and Constellations🎶.

That's when you notice Ilima walking down the steps to have fun on the Hau'Oli beach as well. Oh dear. You blush hard and bring your knees up, hiding your body. Boris looks over and cheers happily at his Yungoos. Boris doesn't even know that Pokémon. Boris just likes making friends. You hold Freckles and avert your eyes. He was wearing one of those Alolan outs but unbuttoned with his flowered swim trunks. His hair glistened in the Alolan sun and his eyes sparkled, catching the rays.

Oh, how great. Ilima set down his towel and set up near tourney general area, a little bit diagonal from you. He set up an embrella and gave Smeargle an ice cream cone. Yungoos duh into the rolling cooler he stopped dragging behind him, gobbling down an ice cream sandwich. You listened to him laugh at his adorable Pokémon. You smiled to yourself, not realizing that Boris had stood up and slowly made his way to go make new friends. Freckles managed to wriggle out of your arms. She sat down on the towel and grabbed her little plastic shovel and began playing with it.

"Oh, hello friend. I didn't know that the Slowpoke gathered here. I thought they were by the lab. Do you have a trainer, friend?"

Wait. Where was Boris?! After looking around frantically you saw Ilima crouching down in front of Boris, scratching his head. He slowly thumped his tail against the ground, much as how Freckles was doing the same to her little plastic shovel. You jumped up, embarassed for your buddy, and ran up and picked him up. He's a lot heavy, but you're used to dragging him around when he doesn't feel like walking so it's all good. Freckles picked up her shovel after dropping it, walking over to join you. She did her best not to trip!

"Oh my goodness! Captain Ilima I'm so sorry! Boris sometimes just likes to wander off and makes friends! I'm sure he didn't mean to bother you at all!"

Ilima looked at you, and looked at Boris in your arms. He also notices little Freckles waddling up to her and holding up her shovel proudly as if she found it. She's only level one, just hatched. You can't blame her. Surprisingly, he smiles. You had one of those cliché moments where your blush somewhat fades and you feel a brief connection with your crush. Boris slides out of your arms and Yungoos runs up to him, both of them fast friends. Your eyes lock into his dreamboats grey ones.

"Boris is such a cute name for a Slowpoke. Well then, 'Boris' seems to love you very much. What is little Cleffa's name then? I bet it's something adorable too~"

Oh Arceus take the wheel. Wait, where was Freckles?! You saw her and picked her up, making sure to get her shovel too. Freckles cheered, happy for affection and attention.

"Oh, uh, this is Freckles. She hatched recently and she's a sweetheart like Boris. Freckles, say hello to Captain Ilima!"

Freckles cheered and you watched Ilima giggle. He laughed for you. He was having a conversation with you. This felt super magical. Ilima shook Freckles's little hand and you glanced over at Boris. Good. He didn't stray too far. Just trying to follow Yungoos, who was running a circle around him and jumping over his tail that was thumping up and Down in joy. Smeargle was 

"Well it's nice to meet you too, Freckles. Oh, I'm terribly sorry my dear. I had completely forgotten to ask of your name and pronouns. Might I be able to ask for those?"

You're swooning. You're barely not on the ground sighing right now. Of course Ilima would be that sort of charming prince to not only ask for your name, but also you're prefered pronouns like a true gentleman. Nobody should assume solely on looks. You set Freckles down on the sand, who instantly waddled over to go say hi to Smeargle. Smeargle, who apparently has as a timid nature, was surprised at this. Smeargle picked her up and instantly got that pure wholesome face that read 'she's too cuuuuuuuute!' You laughed softly at this and answered Ilima's question.

"I'm (name) and I use (masculine/feminine/neutral) pronouns. Oh, and thank you Captain..."

You trailed off, feeling very sentimental about this moment. Senpai actually noticed you OMG!!! Ilima was smiling, and it was the prettiest smile in the world. 

"Please, just call me Ilima. Now, my dear, why don't hit the water? What good is a beach without swimming? Follow me!"

He began running towards the beach, grabbing a water gun from his bag and stripping off the Alolan shirt before jumping now into the water, making a splash. His eyes were going to stiiiiiiiing. You looked over at your Pokémon. Smeargle was sitting down, playing with baby Freckles. Yungoos was still playing around with Boris and having a good time. They were in good hands. You turned towards the water, grinning a dopey grin. You had this chance to be friends with your crush instead of being a stalker for once. You walked up to the water and slowly stepped in, meeting Ilima who was already treading and filling up his water gun.

Ilima instsntly sprayed you, reaffirming that you two had become friends now by chance. You laugh, shielding herself with your arm. You splashed some water back at him, laughing. Today was an extremely good day.

1000 Words