Lemon Boy

Unedited

"Ils m'ailment, ils ne m'aiment pas.... I'll m'aiment, ils ne m'aiment pas..."

You had just gotten a lemonade from the vending machine when you saw Ilima sitting on the porch of his mansion, plucking flower petals with seemingly no special awareness. Freckles was walking on her own, since you had worked with her a little bit on making her legs stronger, and Boris was helping her. You were wondering what all this Kalosian speech meant, and why he knew Kalosian. It's common knowledge to know that Ilima studied abroad in Kalos for training and battling, but you wouldn't think he'd be entirely fluent in maybe a year.

"Ilima?"

He flinched, jumping and throwing the flower on the ground. You must have startled him pretty badly. His face went completely flushed and he completely shifted his body position. Yungoos was in the pool swimming and Smeargle was walking back up the steps with more flowers and a bright smile. But Smeargle got even happier when seeing Freckles toddling up behind him. It was really cute.

"Ahaha! Uh, hello my dear! I, uh, how can I help you?"

He was quite flustered... it was really cute. Is this how Ilima felt when you got overwhelmed with embarassment? You smiled and sat down next to him. Well, after pushing away the petals that were plucked off. Freckles and Smeargle climbed up the steps woth you whole Boris net to the swimming pool to go play with Yungoos. You know, you were thinking of getting them a new friend...

"Kalosian is so pretty. What were you saying?"

You took your lemonade and opened it, drinking some nice lemonade. You had actually bought two and handed one over to Ilima. Yay for plot holes! Ilima took a nice drink of lemonade, which gave you a thought. He was a lot like pink lemonade. Sweet, fresh, pink, and much better than the average lemonade. If the vending machines had pink lemonade then you'd definitely get it. Ilima took a deep breath and calmed his nerves, smiling.

"Well, Kalos is a beauitful place. It would make sense for the language to be pretty. As for what I was saying... that's not anything important."

You pursed your lips, but decided not to press it. You look at the lemonade, perfect for a hot Alolan day. You shrugged and drank the rest of the lemonade. There was a comfortable silence as you watched Smeargle get some pool floaties and puts them on Freckles so that she can swim with them. That forces you to get an idea. Wait, forces is a negative connotation. That gives you an amazing idea. 

"Hey, Ilima. Can I borrow your kitchen and make some pink lemonade? Al I need is sugar, lemons, water, and some strawberries."

Ilima nods and holds the door open for you. He actually enters in behind you and runs upstairs. Perhaps he saw the Pokémon and wanted to swim too. You found the kitchen and looked through the cupboards for the sugar after gathering the ingredients. It's an unfamiliar kitchen so you have no idea where things are. But, to both your relief and dismay, a woman who seemed to be Ilima's mother walked into the kitchen and found you there

"Oh! You must be (name)! What a dear! Are you planning to cook something? Allow me to help!"

She was a middle aged woman with brunette hair going gray. She was really tiny and had the same gray eyes that Ilima had. She was wearing a yellow sundress and an apron, looking like a waitress in a vintage diner. She has the messy hair bun to go with it! 

"Oh, uh, thank you Ma'am. Do you know where the sugar is?"

She nods and points to a higher shelf. She gets a stepping stool and is about to reach for it herself. You stop her in fear of her getting hurt and grab it yourself. You grab a pitcher back where you found the cups and stuff and get it out. You fill it with water and freshly squeezed lemon juice. You also cut up some strawberries to put in it because you don't know how to make actual pink lemonade lol. It was done relatively quickly and Ilima's Mom was charmed. 

"Delightful! Might I have a glass? Oh, and one for my husband too!"

You pour four adult glasses and four Dixie cups with the strawberry lemonade for the Pokémon. You get a tray to carry it out, but a tall woman with extremely pale skin and blonde hair walked in wearing a maid's outfit. She saw the tray and immediately offered to take it.

"Excuse me (Sir/Miss/Friend), would you like me to take that outside to the Master?"

"No thank you, Ma'am. I don't mind doing things on my own. Have a wonderful day!"

You would have offered some lemonade but you ran out of it. You walked outside and saw Ilima playing with a peach ball in the pool with floaties for the Pokémon. You smile and sit down on the side of the pool, setting the drinks down. You handed two Dixie cups to Smeargle and Freckles first, and then Boris and Yungoos came swimming over for some. Finally, Ilima swam towards the edge of the pool and and took his glass. You both cheered.

"Thank you, my dear."

You giggled, feeling proud. YOu doubt you've ever been happier than being friends with Ilima.

900 Words