Chapter 15

LEILA'S POV

I get into my car and head home. The moon hangs low in the sky just a sliver of it hidden in the darkness making it not quite whole. Kinda like me.

My phone buzzes beside me and I glance at the screen seeing that it's a text from Charlie.

Charlie: Find Niall?

I stop at a red light and respond, tossing my phone back onto the seat when I've finished.

Leila: yes. he was home.

Charlie: I know that you know why. Tell me, please.

I don't respond, only because the light has switched to green and I don't need a car accident on my resumé.

Once I get home, I respond to Charlie and give Harper a call, knowing that she is the only one that could give me advice right now.

"Hey, Leila! Omg, it's been forever! How have you been, girl?"

I sigh. "Not great... wanna come over and watch a movie? I could use the company."

"Be there in 20. I was just about to hop into the shower."

I laugh, hearing her turn on the water in the background. "See you soon!"

We exchange "love you"s and she hangs up. I turn off my phone and debate texting Ryder. He's known Niall for way longer than me as well as the rest of the guys. If anyone were to know how to give me advice on Niall, it'd be him. The only problem... it's Ryder.

I tap on his contact and hold my finger over the button on the screen that says 'message'.

Oh, c'mon Leila quit being such a baby and message him! You just want to help Niall not talk to Ryder no matter how dreamy his eyes are...

I let out a sigh and press the button, typing my message.

Leila: hey ryder um i need ur help...

Heck no! I sound so desperate! I erase the message and try again.

Leila: hey ryder i was wondering if u could help me understand something about niall...

Okay, that's better. I hit send and wait for his response.

It comes 5 minutes later after I had thrown on some sweatpants and brushed my teeth.

Ryder: sure, what's up? did u two do the nasty? 😉😂

Leila: what the hell? NO!

Leila: it's something about his... mom?

Ryder: fuck. what did he tell u?

Leila: nothing... really. he wouldn't say.

Ryder: don't take it personally, we've all got our secrets

Leila: r u drunk? y r u being so nice to me?

Ryder: yes, i am drunk and also extremely bored. jenny went home with a stomachache

Leila: didnt get her pregnant did u?

Ryder: dont make me regret responding to ur annoying ass

Leila: ok fine. look, i went to his house to see if i could talk to him but he kicked me out

Ryder: oof yeah his mom is a sensitive topic dont get in the middle of it ok?

Leila: well, he's my friend and i wanna help him

Ryder: you can't in this particular situation

Ryder: look, niall's a good guy but hes also rly closed off. u gotta give him space. he'll be fine but he needs some space to work things out. this is a job for me and the guys. i mean it leila, stay out of it.

Leila: so ur telling me that i have to give him space? for how long?

Ryder: give him some space and maybe fuck him 😂 you know, as like a distraction 😂

Leila: i'm more likely to have a sexual relationship with a tree than Niall 😉😂

Ryder: haha now go to bed and stop harassing me

Leila: thanks for ur help ryder

Ryder: u owe me

Leila: is that ur messed up way of asking me have sex with u?

Ryder: oh plz ur not my type at all

Leila: what is ur type then? jenny?

Ryder: no

Ryder: trees 😉😂😂