Chapter 28

Felix's POV

I woke up after feeling a heavy weight on my chest. I coughed out some water and finally could breathe properly.

What happened?

Oh right, I was pushed off the cliff by that crazy psycho. Then after my body hit the water, I lost my consciousness.

My eyes blinked a few times to see who was right on top of me.

"Nari..," I called her name weakly.

She sighed in relief and dropped her body beside mine, breathing heavily. She was soaked wet, from the top of her head until the tip of her toes.

"I almost kill myself if you're dead," she whispered. "You didn't breathe, Felix. I couldn't feel your pulse."

"I was dead?" I asked, adverting my gaze from the clear blue sky to the beautiful girl whom I love the most, who was lying beside me.

"Almost," she said. "Maybe your pulse was just too weak for me to feel."

There was a long silence between us. I could only hear the sound of the sea water hitting the rocks, the rumbles of the wind, and the chirping of the birds that were passing by the clear purple sky.

The sun was setting down. It was such a beautiful mesmerizing scene. If only our condition wasn't like this, we would really enjoy it.

"Nari-ah," I called. "How did you save me? What happened?"

I waited for her answer, but the only answer I got was silence.

"Nari?"

Still silent.

Just then, I heard soft snores coming from my left side. My head turned to look at her and I giggled when I found out that she was sleeping.

She must be exhausted after saving me.

---

"Felix?"

I turned around to see Nari who finally woke up.

"What happened?" she asked with her hoarse voice.

"You fell asleep just now. I brought you to my house after calling the others for help," I smiled. "Thankfully they saw us, or we would be stuck at that place forever. Our phones were dead."

She rubbed her eyes cutely and nodded. "Where are they now?"

"With the polices and detectives," I replied. "Searching for those two psycopaths."

She widened her eyes. "What?!"

"They told me that after they pushed me off the cliff, they ran away and went missing. So the others are searching for them now," I explained.

A moment of silence had taken over us, but then a sudden thought flashed through my mind.

"Hey Nari," I called.

She looked at me with a questioning look.

"How did you save me?" I could finally ask the question.

"There's a way. I won't tell you," she replied, which was totally unexpected.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What? Why won't you tell me? Did you jump off the cliff too?"

"Maybe? What do you think?" she asked me back instead.

I sighed in frustration. "Nevermind, I'll just ask the others."

"Sure, go ahead. They won't tell you." She smiled in victory.