Splatoon Rant

Okay.

This is stuff I've wanted to say for a long time but never had the chance to.

Seeing as the final Splatfest is coming up quickly for Splatoon 2, now might be a good time to get all this off my chest. Or maybe it's too late...

...but I'm gonna do it anyway.

First off...
There are people saying the original is better than the sequel.

I agree....on some aspects.

Yes, the original game had more creativity in things like boss fights and stuff... for example, the boss designs were overall more creative, and the final boss in Splatoon 1 was (as far as I've seen??? I've only played S2) much more challenging. I'll probably never know the difficulty of the bosses in S1 compared to S2, but meh, I'm good with that.

But there are other things in the second game that have improved too. Like the boss introductions.

S1? Boss jumps up and screams at you. That's it.
S2? Lights, camera, action — epic, rather scary introduction!

There are other things that are improved, too; not just bosses. The graphics are much better in the second game (as expected), and I don't see as many glitches or "tentaclips" (tentacles clipping into clothing, etc) as the first game. I can't say how many mechanics or characters were transferred over (I've only seen so much S1 gameplay), but I can say that there are some major improvements in S2.

Next up, music.

A lot of people are disappointed that the majority of songs from S1 didn't carry over to S2, and that S2's soundtrack has completely different music, along with a few remixes (such as the remixed Now Or Never!, Bomb Rush Blush, and Calamari Inkantation), and I agree that it can be disappointing, especially with Splattack! being ditched as well and replaced with Inkoming!. I personally wish there was some kind of secret bonus feature or unlockable thing that allows you to listen to the old songs (I don't think there is one, as of now, anyway?), but I will give you this...

You can't listen to Splatoon 2's soundtrack and COMPLETELY hate it. I mean, come on! Yes, it is disappointing that some songs were excluded. Yes, there are some trashy S2 songs that are much worse than S1. But you gotta appreciate the hard work and effort put into the new songs, and I personally love them!

Especially Octo Expansion...but I'll get to that later.

Next up...the stars.
Squid Sisters vs. Off the Hook.

Now, a lot of people are mad that OTH replaced the Squid Sisters, and some people day that OTH takes longer to do the news than the Squid Sisters do. I don't know how true that last claim is, but that's not what I'm really focusing on here. I say, accept a fresh start. I know it's probably a little late to say this, seeing as S2 is almost over, but... meh. Whether you're loyal to the Squid Sisters or ready to jump into Off the Hook, I won't discriminate. I love both bands!

*cough*Callieisbestgirldon't@me*cOUGH*

Ahem

Now is the moment I mentioned before, Octo Expansion!
The first paid Splatoon DLC, and (I've heard it's) not the last!

Does this mean there will be a Splatoon 3 with a paid DLC? I don't know. Does this mean that before or even after the final Splatfest there will be another Splatoon 2 paid DLC? I don't know. But either way, I'm looking forward to it!

Octo Expansion is amazing! I pesonally loved playing it! The only part that I spoiled myself with was the final boss(es), but the beginning and everything in between was entirely new to me, and I enjoyed every minute of it...