The Return of the Autumn

He tries to find her without success

He tries to find her without success. He loses any hope after he spent half an hour at his destination to see if she was there around. Within days he slowly forgets her face; her image has slowly vanished from his mind. He can no longer imagine her face, only left with the moments.

Two weeks pass by, it was a festive day in Udhampur. Fair was arranged near the central market. Verma took his young cousin to the fair. As the kid was playing, he stood there aside. He felt someone was approaching his direction from the corner of his eyes. He turned back to see a pretty attractive girl in salwar kameez walking with a small kid to his direction. "What a surprise!" How are you?" said the girl. "Sorry, but I'm not able to.."wait Reshma?"

"Yes"

"I'm good, I never thought actually would see you again! I'm really happy.."

"Ok Ok relax, relax" she said laughingly.

"Where do you stay" asked Verma

"Find out" said Reshma with a wink.

She started to move, the kid started "uncle, behind your.."

She pulled the kid and said "my naughty nephew" and took him away.

" Hey, at least this time ask my name" yelled Verma.

"Next time cent percent" she yelled back.

He roamed around the village for next few days without luck. Then one fine day he just gazed up to see Reshma in the balcony of the house just behind his house. He caught her eyes and whispered "Got You". She smiled back.

After days of looking at each other, she pointed a finger in opposite direction and showed her hand. Soon he realized that she was asking him to meet her at the temple garden at 5 pm. He rushed there to find her with her nephew sitting on a bench.

He started "I'm Ver.." "Verma, I know about you now, I saw you on the day you arrived and collected all details I could" she said with naughty smile.

"Are you a Muslim?" he asked. "How does that matter?" she replied.

"Then, Will you cross the skies for me?" he picked up confidence.

She bent her head and smiled. He understood.